Ping FBR or other bike shop worker.
Hey guys.

I was talking to the new member slipstream08 yesterday and he is having a problem with his K8 gearbox/clutch.

Can anyone positively verify that the k8 busa comes in the crate with oil already in the sump or do they put it in at the shop?

The handbook says mineral oil only during run in and my bike had it in when predelivered, although it was 500ml low and we topped it up at predelivery.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
Mind if I throw something in? I had an oil change done at 750 klms - mainly because I thought it seemed like a good idea.

My dealership used Shell SX4 oil which I believe is a mineral/synth mix. Same stuff used from 1000klms to 6000klms.

Does this sound right to you guys?
Licence Back!
I see we've carried on this discussion in another thread but does anyone in a shop know the answer to my question?
Regards BUSGO
BUSGO Wrote:I see we've carried on this discussion in another thread but does anyone in a shop know the answer to my question?

I WILL ASK THE BOYS OUT BACK AND FIND OUT.. I KNOW THE BIKES COME WITH OIL IN THEM FROM THE FACTORY,

AND OUR GUYS PUT 15/50 SILKOLENE SEMI SIN IN THE BIKES WHEN THEY GET THERE FIRST SERVICE DONE....Biker

WILL GET BACK TO YOU.... Pi_thumbsup
Regards Richard.....

Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

[Image: l_b8cd83806072859a2e37a2a757a8eb9a.jpg]

I just called my own dealer.
The bikes come with correct oil from the factory in the sump.
They often have to top up anything from 100 to 500ml.
Mine needed 500ml.

At the first service they put in Motul 5100.
Regards BUSGO
I just had another call from Slipstream08 and he has been told by Suzuki Australia to revert back to straight mineral oil as soon as possible per the owner's manual.
Regards BUSGO
so the 08 should never be on a synthetic oil?
Regards

Dan
Confused

IT'S A 10/40 RUN IN OIL THATS ONLY GOOD FOR THE FIRST1000ks AND WILL NOT LAST MUCH PAST THAT MARK, ITS NOT MENT TO BE IN THERE FOR LONG AT ALL... HOPE THIS HELPSRead
Regards Richard.....

Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

[Image: l_b8cd83806072859a2e37a2a757a8eb9a.jpg]

The oil used by the factory is Shell Super SF/SG. It is good for 6,000 Kms.
No Suzuki literature recommends a synthetic oil, either full or semi unless it is an RMZ450.
I have predelivered a lot of bikes over the years and never found one requiring a top up. Some dealers got into strife when they topped up the oil in the VZR1800s without reading the checking procedure. Perhaps the dealers adding oil are not checking correctly.
Remember also that the lines next to the sight glass are max and min. Some models (TL1000R and TL1000S) would agitate the oil if filled to the max line.
So long as the oil level is between the two lines when the motorcycle is vertical is all that really matters.