Stranger Danger
evilRasp Wrote:What alarms are people using and where did you get them? Yet to have someone throw a leg over (that I know of) but given some *#)@* tried to steal one of my bikes a month and a bit ago wouldn't mind putting something a little better in place than what I've got now.

There are plenty of different types available.
Pretty much depends on personal choice, available funds & what extras you want.
Mine is a Mongoose. It's not the best, but I'm happy with it.
Features;
1) Mercury Switch (if someone stands the bike upright off the side stand, the alarm sounds)
More switches can be added if required.
2) If the engine is started, it will only run for 2mins giving a reminder beep every 20secs. It then just stops, unless the alarm is disabled.
3) If someone gets the engine going without disabling the alarm, the engine will cut out as soon as any gear is selected. (Just as if you put it in gear with the stand down)
4) If the alarm is disabled, but the ignition is not turned 'on' straight away, the alarm will auto re-arm within 30 secs.
5) If the ignition is turned 'on' before the alarm is disabled, the alarm will sound.
6) Remote arm & disarm. (I have used my remote up to 300m from the bike & it worked fine)
7) Remote "silent" control.
8) Remote engine start. (Std Suzuki requires the clutch to be held for starting. This needs to be disabled).
9) An additional option (which I don't have) is to have a pager with the alarm. If the alarm is activated you will receive a msg on the pager.

I think that's all of it. Did I miss anything Rod ?????
the Scorpio i500 was just under the 500 mark in last group buy. but with all the extras.
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
Alarm system is def the way to go, get 1 with sensors so you dont even have to be near it all the time, if they get close or touch it it ll flash or goes off based on your settings
Are you gunna put an alarm on the new one Tez???
Check with your insurance co. They usually list all types of alarms on which they give a discount.

Yes I'm Definitely onto QBE tomorrow.

cheers T Very Happy
never fly higher than your angel.