crappy fuel
filled up with caltex premium 95 and started riding Wtf did i turn it into b mode by accident? no. the bike lost about the same number of hp and i got worried that something was wrong with the bike. now filled up with bp ultimate and the bike is back to what it used to beVery Happy
so it seems that you can get a bad fill from just about any servo.
i never had crappy fuel from that place before but something was definately wrong with that batch
(it was caltex at hyperdome)
larra Wrote:filled up with caltex premium 95 and started riding Wtf did i turn it into b mode by accident? no. the bike lost about the same number of hp and i got worried that something was wrong with the bike. now filled up with bp ultimate and the bike is back to what it used to beVery Happy
i never had crappy fuel from that place before but something was definately wrong with that batch

Few yrs ago I had a MGB. I lived at Marsden. Filled up at the same servo on Chambers Flat Rd that I'd been using for ages.
The MGB started cutting out after about 5 mins of driving. Let it sit for a short while & it would go again for another 5mins. After lots of cursing I checked the fuel filter. Luckily I had fitted a really good quality glass bowl type fuel & water filter.
The sediment filter was absolutely chocked with red dirt.
Obviously the servo had a bad delivery.
Can happen at any time.
i just stick with BP Ultimate last 5 years and only that fuel, hasnt coughed once.
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
Volvi Wrote:i just stick with BP Ultimate last 5 years and only that fuel, hasnt coughed once.

+1 Pi_thumbsup
Volvi Wrote:i just stick with BP Ultimate last 5 years and only that fuel, hasnt coughed once.

Same as but i think i got a bad batch last week at Bp Brownsplains Rd
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
I'm now a Mobil 6000 convert after the couple of bad batches of BP I got in Northern NSW.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
BUSGO Wrote:I'm now a Mobil 6000 convert after the couple of bad batches of BP I got in Northern NSW.

There seems a lot of bikes that stick to the Mobil servos,
[Image: photo3.jpg]
caltex 91 octane.Pi_thumbsupI do use fuel system cleaner though intermittently.regular 98 use may not need this.

Likewise. Have always had good results with that fuel. Quality Control for fuels in Australia is crap. They charge 30c too high then expect you not to complain when they destroy your motor!
I've been using Shell Racing for as long as it's been out, when I can get it, also use BP Ultimate when I can't get the 98+ Shell. On he road I shovel whatever the next servo is to when I either have a comfort break or fuel stop, haven't had a bad brew yet. I never use base grade ULP unless there isn't anything else on tap. Too many urban myths out there for my liking Biker

MaxAustralia2HayabusaAustralia2
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
Years ago in Tassie stopped at a servo in Roseberry on the west coast and parked with the tank right next to the diesel pump.
Paid for the fuel and as I was pulling up out of the town the truck started to splutter. Sure enough the servo had filled it up with unleaded.
Rolled back to the servo, got up the manager who promptly drained the tank about 50/50 petrol/diesel into his underground petrol tank. Must have been some smelly cars running around for awhile.

Busgo. Did you hear that the owner of I think it was 6 BP stations around the Qld NSW boarder got done for selling 91 octane through his Ultimate bowsers. Evidently he'd been doing it for sometime before being sprung. Didn't hear the washup but I'd reckon BP would've dumped him after that.

Tony
Yeah Tony, I reported it on the forum about 3 or 4 months ago.
He was not only selling 91 octane but it was rejected stuff from the refinery.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
what I like mostly about the Ultimate is that it has additives that keep the fuel jets clean and supposedly other parts. To date I havent needed touching my fuel jets. I dont know what the long term diagnosis is for running on 98 as against 91 but my bike is a month off being 9 years old from Feb '99 manufacture and still running perfectly.

In fact Im still running the OEM battery which still holds the charge.
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
larra Wrote:filled up with caltex premium 95 and started riding Wtf did i turn it into b mode by accident? no. the bike lost about the same number of hp and i got worried that something was wrong with the bike. now filled up with bp ultimate and the bike is back to what it used to beVery Happy

Is your an o8 larra?

If so ,im pretty sure you have 98 ocatane premium the whole
time...
Because of the higher compression...
Someone please correct me if im wrong Confused

-Still running the oem battery volvi!
Thats pretty impressive Pi_thumbsup
NEMESIS Wrote:

Is your an o8 larra?

If so ,im pretty sure you have 98 ocatane premium the whole
time...
Because of the higher compression...
Someone please correct me if im wrong Confused

-Still running the oem battery volvi!
Thats pretty impressive Pi_thumbsup

Yep mine is a 08
but the minimum requirement according to owners manual is 95 octane in Australian standard. but me thinks i start using only 98 from now on...