ANOTHER TYRE QUESTION...........
I'm doing 170km a day freeway travel and am very due for a tyre change. I want a tyre that I wont have to replace after 5000km but wont let me down on the bends or in the wet.

I have gotten 11000km out of the factory bridgestone, although it is getting quite low and square now.

anyone got any advice on tyre choices. Essentially for economical freeway travel Action-smiley-083 , but not willing to compromise on quality at all.

cheers.
If you don't have a Bridgestone BT020 on, I recommend it as a good wearing and handling tyre for distance work.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
I am on my second set of Metzler tyres. I absolutly love them as I do alot of two up riding and still get 10 000- 12 000k out of a rear and a bit more on the front. I am using the Roadtec Z6

Metzler Tyres

Pi_thumbsup

Beer
Cheers Taub
[Image: Banner_blueandwhite2.jpg]
Taubusa Wrote:I am on my second set of Metzler tyres. I absolutly love them as I do alot of two up riding and still get 10 000- 12 000k out of a rear and a bit more on the front. I am using the Roadtec Z6

Metzler Tyres

Pi_thumbsup

Beer

Yep a good tyre for the long hall.
BUSGO Wrote:If you don't have a Bridgestone BT020 on, I recommend it as a good wearing and handling tyre for distance work.

+1 Good centre wear, but not at the loss of side grip.
[Image: photo3.jpg]
i changed from pilot powers to conti road attack and i love them to bits they run warmer and they eat corners up for lunch only done 4000ks on them and they still look new its hard to change from something you like but if you ever want to try them you will love them to
i only dream off getting 5000kls
out of rear tyre lucky to get 3000
get 5/6000 out off frontLol2
g bus66 Wrote:i only dream off getting 5000kls

my god, I do 1000+km a week, I sure as shit cant afford to be spending $100 a week on rubber! But my freeway km will be less wearing than your 3000km I'm guessing. keep the info coming fellas, I'll head off to Picton Bike Shop on saturday to see what they can do me........ Coffee2
I like the Z6 (fitted after Tuab recomended it) I have on the rear and will probably try one on the front when it's time to replace it as I ride mostly two up now days :(

It's a nice stable tire that has a suprising amount of grip once warmed up. I think it would be hard to beat other than a full touring tire.
I commute every day.
I use Michy Pilot Road on the back & easily get 18k to 19k out of them. This is the 2nd one I've had on.

I currently have a Metzler M3 on the front & am comming up on 10k on it.

I may try the M3 on the back next time, but we'll see.
Louwai Wrote:I currently have a Metzler M3 on the front & am comming up on 10k on it.

I may try the M3 on the back next time, but we'll see.

the M3 is a great tyre its my choice of tyre now
[Image: 583b3abf-1.jpg]
g bus66 Wrote:i only dream off getting 5000kls

Mr 66 you forgot to tell these people that twisting the throttle to 90% as soon as you get on(2up mind you) and only twisting it back at the lights??????? will do that to your tyre(3000ks only):Party-smiley-018 but we do have fun
haven't changed one on the busa yet. most i got outta a 020 bridgy was 2000 on the tlr. put 2 bridgy 020 and when i got the tlr it had a dunlop on it. not sure what though.