window clutch cover
I designed a windowed clutch cover for my Busa but i thought that using perspex for the window could result negative due to the temperature of the oil and of the engine (perspex could become yellow or deform).
Could be better replace the window with a 1/2 inch quenched glass or with a 1/2 inch laminated safety glass (the one used in cars windscreens)? I am worried using the laminated glass cause i think that the heat of the oil or the engine could damage the plastic between the 2 layers of glass resulting and ugly modification but safe if i should crash my bike. Although the quenched glass has high resistance but in case of crash i'm worried that pieces of glass could get into the engine.

Do you know which temperature will reach the engine or the oil inside it?
Thank you
welcome mate Very Happy

if you need some info on doing a transparent clutch cover log onto extremebusa.com you'll need to sign up to view the forums but jump on and look up "thepushercg" he makes them over in america and is probably one of the best guys to ask as he specializes in doing them for the busa (its also another great busa site Trophy)

hope that helps a bit.
Thank you very much then Very HappyVery Happy Nice to talk to someone that has the same passion as mine but lives in GMT+10 Very Happy
Dude Lexon or Plexiglass is the way to go they dont seem to be discolouring and are way stronger than glass I would hate to see you go to all that trouble and a rock hit the window and you drop all your oil out on the rd somewhere
I thought the same but i also thought that after a while perspex could become yellow due to impurities inside the oil or due to the temperature itself... That's why i moved to quenched or laminated glass...
There are also some made in Melbourne
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/t...IC_ID=8169
you may be able to buy just the window off Deano if you have the rest done and sizes are similar
maggot Wrote:welcome mate Very Happy

if you need some info on doing a transparent clutch cover log onto extremebusa.com you'll need to sign up to view the forums but jump on and look up "thepushercg" he makes them over in america and is probably one of the best guys to ask as he specializes in doing them for the busa (its also another great busa site Trophy)

hope that helps a bit.

THEY LOOK DAM HOT... HAS ANY ONE ON THE BOARD DONE ONE LIKE THAT...Drool
Regards Richard.....

Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

[Image: l_b8cd83806072859a2e37a2a757a8eb9a.jpg]

Maj Wrote:There are also some made in Melbourne
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/t...IC_ID=8169
you may be able to buy just the window off Deano if you have the rest done and sizes are similar
Here is my GSXR1100 one Deano did for me, i know he was looking into doing Busa ones

Here's mine.
I used 6mm lexan,so far so good.Pi_thumbsup
ausdragbike Wrote:Here is my GSXR1100 one Deano did for me, i know he was looking into doing Busa ones

Now you have to get one for the new busa too!Coolsmiley
Ok, I'll try to be the first one on the board to have it on the Busa Trophy
I hope to get it Before Xmas because otherwise all factories here will close till January and i'll be f...ed Frown
Thank you for all your suggestions...
Nobody has the chance to come to Italy for Xmas?
Chiron Wrote:Nobody has the chance to come to Italy for Xmas?

lol not quite mate but like i said on extreme i'll be in croatia very early January so im hoping to get over to Italy for a few daysPi_thumbsup