Polishing wheels
If I ever get my hands on the swine who said polishing wheels was not too hard........
bear Wrote:If I ever get my hands on the swine who said polishing wheels was not too hard........
EgyptianLol2Lol2Lol2Egyptian
you should have just got some already done Bear
bear Wrote:If I ever get my hands on the swine who said polishing wheels was not too hard........

Been there done that, not fun. Are the top of your knuckles bleeding yet. What grade paper are you up to
Regards

Andy

Live life like it's the 2 minute warning
My Way is the Highway
When life throws you a curve..lean into it

[img][Image: Galespeed10spoke002.jpg][/img]
bandit Wrote:
EgyptianLol2Lol2Lol2Egyptian
you should have just got some already done Bear
That's not nice kawa!
Actually, I got these wheels for a carton of beer. Hardly used, so they owe me bugger all and I'll keep going. At the moment I'm using scouring pads and paint remover, but while the inside of the rims is easy (thin paint) the outside is needing a few applications.
So come on, how much are the wheels?
3 nights of paint stripper and steel wool and she's clean! Well at least the front one. Looks good, even without the polish. Not sure I'll use the wet and dry yet as I'm only going to polish machined outer sections and they look pretty good, so will try autosol first and see what happens. Then paint the rest to match the bike (when I pick a bike colour!).
Now for the back wheel!
bear Wrote:That's not nice kawa!
Actually, I got these wheels for a carton of beer. Hardly used, so they owe me bugger all and I'll keep going. At the moment I'm using scouring pads and paint remover, but while the inside of the rims is easy (thin paint) the outside is needing a few applications.
So come on, how much are the wheels?

Lighter wheels better times Egyptian
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmh
Oh well, the wheels are at least stripped. Actually look pretty good just as they are. Next decision is whether to sand off machining marks....
Fingesrs are sore at the moment so might think about it for a while.
Wish the bike was back on the road though, it's all taking too long.
pics?
[Image: nocensorship.gif]
Well, they aren't as cute as Galespeed. Mind you, not really hit with autosol yet.
Plus a few other pics of bits during rebuild.
nice work :)

I have decided to lip my rims - but I'll leave the centres black I think :)

Just wondering, why the single seat design? Looks good btw ;)
[Image: nocensorship.gif]
Beautiful work Ian, I really like what you have done to the bottom lip of the tank it should be lovely when painted. By the way throw some undercoat on that tank before the exposed metail corrodes.

All that hard work seems to be paying off cant wait to see her finished.

How did you go with the overspray.
Those wheels are looking great.

The old saying "you get out what you put in" is certainly paying off.

MaxAustralia2HayabusaAustralia2
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
Depending on the finakl colour, I think my centres will be painted too, just the edges polished. As for the seat, that's the one I made for drag racing. Just gets my bum as far forward and low as it can go. Not even sure I'll cover it yet. I used it last season just bare fibreglass, but I heard there is a rule in ANDRA about seat covering so I might have to do something.