Canberrans Sips Again
I have picked up an overtime shift for tomorrow night. so I'll be aworkin rather than adrinkin!

To the newbies above, during the winter we tend to try to ick better weather than presently being experienced. Keep your eyes on this thread and we'll announce the next social sip.

You're always welcome.

Next time.

Max:aussieHayabusa:aussie
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
I don't know about that Saracen chap, sounds like trouble with his scooter.
100cc scooter....hmmmm....busa 1300cc beast...just don't think the two gel...

Not to sound elitist or anything, but thats like showing up on a gixxer thou to a harley convention
You haven't met Saracen grasshopper, he is a long-term member of the club who disappears for long stretches of time then just reappears with a grin and a flash of bling. He's ok (just).
oh! my apologies....i thought it was some random......my condolences :-)
oh & Heidi, i'm going to the dark side...i'm getting a black zx-14....soon....soon...ARRRRr the DARK SIDE....MOOOHAHAHAHA...

yer ok...excuse my crazy talk
NICE WORK! Can't wait to see it!
Josh you buyn 2nd-hand...might want to peer up her guts (the bike) to check all this talk of frame issues.

Well dudes and dudettes, I have no job, and soon no money...but looking on the bright side some time to ride if we get some more glorious winter days like today. Actually my wife tells me I have time to fix the roof, extract trees and hedge-trimming get fix the car clogging up the driveway too, but I also see it as quality PS3 time!!

Not all bad though, handed my resignation letter in on Aug 1, effective Sept 1, on 2 weeks leave from today and start my new job Mon Sep 3.
copperjosh Wrote:oh & Heidi, i'm going to the dark side...i'm getting a black zx-14....soon....soon...ARRRRr the DARK SIDE....MOOOHAHAHAHA...

Josh,
it will be an interesting ride once you have her run in. How are your launches?Party-smiley-018

Forget about the jacket, I thought you were retiring to the business world.

MaxAustralia2HayabusaAustralia2
Monyx Wrote:Josh you buyn 2nd-hand...might want to peer up her guts (the bike) to check all this talk of frame issues.

Well dudes and dudettes, I have no job, and soon no money...but looking on the bright side some time to ride if we get some more glorious winter days like today. Actually my wife tells me I have time to fix the roof, extract trees and hedge-trimming get fix the car clogging up the driveway too, but I also see it as quality PS3 time!!

Not all bad though, handed my resignation letter in on Aug 1, effective Sept 1, on 2 weeks leave from today and start my new job Mon Sep 3.

2 weeks living in the lap of luxury Marcus, gotta be happy with that.

ChiggenWingz Wrote:So whens the next dinner and coffee meet with you guys?

BTW, the coffee night is going to be weekly. More details on http://www.canberrariders.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4

NOTE: the new CanberraRiders forum! Get on it and lets all go riding Very Happy

hey wings did you ride down to the supers at the island about 2 years ago?? i was stuck on my old babyblade at the time waitin on the busa to get delivered and i think it was you i was talking to (there were a whole bunch of netrider people since i was there with my brother and he was a mod at the time)
retiring from bikes!!! fark no!!
Just had to sort some other shit out first but now i'm on the road back to getting a bike! yay

Right before I sold the busa I was launching like a demon on crack so watch out Very Happy

see you guys soon :-)

Madmax Wrote:
copperjosh Wrote:oh & Heidi, i'm going to the dark side...i'm getting a black zx-14....soon....soon...ARRRRr the DARK SIDE....MOOOHAHAHAHA...

Josh,
it will be an interesting ride once you have her run in. How are your launches?Party-smiley-018

When are you going to do this Kawasaki thing Josh? Heidi and I will come and "show you the way home"Showback

Max

copperjosh Wrote:retiring from bikes!!! fark no!!
Just had to sort some other shit out first but now i'm on the road back to getting a bike! yay

Right before I sold the busa I was launching like a demon on crack so watch out Very Happy

see you guys soon :-)

Madmax Wrote:

Josh,

Madmax Wrote:When are you going to do this Kawasaki thing Josh? Heidi and I will come and "show you the way home"Showback
Yes, a bunch of Busa riders witnessing this transaction should keep the Kwaka sales person honest, could be fun. I guess CMC one Sat eh Josh. Do tell when.

Yeah, Max plenty of time to go tyre shopping instead of trying to ride and fit it all in during 1hr lunch break. Can actually compare prices and check out more than 1 shop.
oh yer...they tell some porkies....my favourite "oh it far outhandles the busa"

PFFFFFF ARHAHAHHA ....NO...its almost a glorified tourer FFS! i'm buying it for the extra comfort and for something different but god do they talk shit.

He was pretty honest about the slightly delayed power delivery below 4000rpm but i seemed to know more about the bike than him. I just can't seem to like salespeople....always have that smarmy smile & the endless BS reassurance....anyway, thats a different rant.

Guys, i'm not giving up on the busa, just a diversion for a while...my biking career is still very young...plenty of stuff to try...i haven't even owned a squidly 1 litre bike yet!!! oh the possibilities lol