Sydney WSID Wednesday nights
Bluebird!!.....have you got hold of Donald Cambell's landspeed car!!!

so 155hp plus a 80hp shot of Nos, lock up clutch equals

Equals, Rob coming to my place to reminis about how we used to run on a Wednesday night!

Knuppel2
[/quote]

see it cant be a blackbird cause it's blue!

i could always adjust the on time, pulse duty cycle and time to
a full shot, that should keep it in the 9s.

Pi_tongue
Hayabusa Nutkickyt1
[/quote]
Quote from Guido,
you know hayabussa's eat blackbirds.
[/quote]

I think you know Guido's quote, if your not on a Hayabusa you are b*^*^d one?
should be a very interesting match up stock blackbird & Guido Coolsmiley
rctunesit Wrote:Bluebird!!.....have you got hold of Donald Cambell's landspeed car!!!

so 155hp plus a 80hp shot of Nos, lock up clutch equals

Equals, Rob coming to my place to reminis about how we used to run on a Wednesday night!

Knuppel2

see it cant be a blackbird cause it's blue!

i could always adjust the on time, pulse duty cycle and time to
a full shot, that should keep it in the 9s.

Pi_tongue
[/quote]

Bluebird...ah I see, said the blind man!

Keep it in the 9's....yeh sure mate, you won't be able to help yourself.Wm
Quote from Guido,
you know hayabussa's eat blackbirds.
[/quote]

I think you know Guido's quote, if your not on a Hayabusa you are b*^*^d one?
should be a very interesting match up stock blackbird & Guido Coolsmiley
[/quote]

the bird will be out, but not with what i would have liked.

Practised some foot shifting on the dyno, what is this pain i have in front of my shin? Could it be a muscle i havent used in a while?

i am keen for a friendly match up,i have screwed 155hp out of her, just might come down to set up ,available grip and who cuts a better light.

just like sunday Simmo when the zx9 did the mighty gen 2
.3 to .06 light, blunder with the shift. there was no coming back from there.

Pi_tongue
155 v 160 eh.Both should put themselves on the scales with their bikes and i,ll work out some odds.Very Happy.You,ll love it rob a whole 3 seconds in first gear,instead of 0.3.Lol3I,m guessing the exhaust fumes on the blackbird will be over 0.05.Lol3Gotta love those injectors.
spamanglenn Wrote:155 v 160 eh.Both should put themselves on the scales with their bikes and i,ll work out some odds.Very Happy.You,ll love it rob a whole 3 seconds in first gear,instead of 0.3.Lol3I,m guessing the exhaust fumes on the blackbird will be over 0.05.Lol3Gotta love those injectors.

Beer
83% duty cycle at full noise, have a mate who works with jap imports,
getting me some honda s2000 injectors. Check the specs..........nice!

will work in nicely with future gas mods.

got to work on the gearing glen, 155mph top of 4th gear on the limiter.
311klm on the limiter in top gear! Dyno speed that is. running 17/44
going to 16/44

Have to reflash the bussa pc3 in the morning, doesnt seem to want to
hold the gear trims on the hub, seems the old bussa pc3's firm ware is
a old version. you know the limit the torque in lower gears etc.

Micro switch working a treat, just have to watch the shift light and hope the foot and brain coordination works.

Carl had to stop me, wants me to get the bike sorted before the gas gets the go ahead. was ready to throw on a 80 shot with some larger
fuel jets to suit the e85.

oh the shame of being beaten by the current Mod bike leader would be way too much, Carl has swiped my shoe laces. Just incase it all gets too me after wednesday nites arse wipping.

Fark Now theres Manny with a pilot race wanting a crack too!
Pi_freak
This was going to be the "street" bike nicely tuned but nothing else Pi_tongue

I'm only going out there to compete against myselfLol3

That way when Guido kicks my butt I can act like I don't care... hehe Party-smiley-018
manny Wrote:This was going to be the "street" bike nicely tuned but nothing else Pi_tongue

I'm only going out there to compete against myselfLol3

That way when Guido kicks my butt I can act like I don't care... hehe Party-smiley-018

i tell my self that, tell others, but on the dyno tonight, it is clear, i am a speed junky, 155 hp just is not a big enough hit.

i just cant handle this your on a bussa or behind 1 mentality, so again here we go, this time i want to see how much gas i need to get the bird to a 9.1 et. The turbo boys get to 220hp before the motor stresses out.
i thinks the ethanol may just be a little kinda, cooler burning.

The zx9 will be back, bigger engine lighter jocky.

Biker
The foot to brain motorskills didn,t come automatically for me,especially under the pressure of racing.It was much easier to train myself to push a button,try shifting your foot without rolling out off the throttle,your brain says it can,t be done,lol.s2000 injectors,busas,blackbirds are all the same physical size,just bigger flow rates.e85 and nos,now theres and interesting path.with that gearing and stock motor,your not going to need the hub,it won,t have enough grunt to need it.Pin it and wait,simmo styleGhastly.the stock gearing sounds pretty close for NOS though.Interesting to see how a honda clutch fares.
.Interesting to see how a honda clutch fares.
[/quote]

yes clutch looks very interesting, same friction plates as the bussa, steels look very close too. No silly back torque limiter to weld up and
the springs are a lot bigger.

Honda Engineering Boobies4
we have 1200cc blackbird over here thats done close to 3000 passes since the track opened and its good for 10.3. std wheelbase and no nos.

clutch must be ok as he has managed 30 runs in an afternoon meeting without problems.

the busa still runs it down though. gen 1 or gen 2.
Ale time again Glenn, 9.290 last night, congrats! An 8 isn't that far off now.
[Image: zzzCustom.jpg]
"par excellence"
REVIT13 Wrote:we have 1200cc blackbird over here thats done close to 3000 passes since the track opened and its good for 10.3. std wheelbase and no nos.

clutch must be ok as he has managed 30 runs in an afternoon meeting without problems.

the busa still runs it down though. gen 1 or gen 2.

hi Revit

qld has a bloke running a stock blackbird 1138cc doing 10.2s 135 mph.
3 yrs on the same bike helps.

last night the best i could muster was 10.6 at 130, bike and rider 344kg.
this foot shifting is all wrong! See how it goes next week with the electric shifter fitted to the bike.

Very different compared to the zx9, it's going to take a little time to learn the bike.

Biker
Quote:cant be a blackbird cause it's blue!

No no its a black-N-bird Ghastly

Well done Glenn new PB & on a stock bike Roll

& thanks for the $200 big ones last night WSID Fatman