Eastern Creek Trackday Saturday 8th of May
We had a fantastic 2 days. Tycho, Heidi, Ang and I did both the Saturday and the Sunday.

Pics from Sunday.
Ang on her bike
[Image: 8-1.jpg]

Heidi on the RGV
[Image: 7-2.jpg]

Mark (Tycho)on his busa
[Image: 6-3.jpg]

Ang on my new RS250
[Image: 5-3.jpg]
Me on my old RS250
[Image: 4-3.jpg]

Mark (Tycho) on the RS250
[Image: 3-3.jpg]

Heidi on the RGV
[Image: 2-3.jpg]

Me on the new RS250
[Image: 1-3.jpg]
Looks like you guys had a ball. Track days are awesome fun.Very Happy
Hey Bruce, see all those little numbers/letters on some images? You need to move your cursor away from the image before you hit the Print Screen button...
(09-05-2010, 10:15pm)pan Wrote: Hey Bruce, see all those little numbers/letters on some images? You need to move your cursor away from the image before you hit the Print Screen button...

Ha didnt even notice till you mentioned it. Thanks for your help with that image capture thing.
Farkn Fantastic.

Have not had a ride day since my off at Philip Isl a while ago. Gotta admit I was a little timid. Especially on left hand turns, (coz thats how I had my off at the Isl).

New paint job, forks resealed, new tyres, and I was scared shitless of left handers and even right handers gave me the jitters.

I used to be so fast (in my books) at Eastern Creek. Crap, I was so slow on Sat, I could have walked it faster.

I went to the on site suspensions guys, and gave them my $$. They did adjustments, I went out, felt no different, so they made some more. Still felt no different. Still felt SHIT!!!!!!!!!!! WITH A CAPITAL ESSSS.

Come in "WHITNEY'S WHEEL WORKSHOP. pH 0418 461 189. I suspect they call him Whitlney coz he looks like Michael Whitney, but I could be wrong.

His first adustments (FOR FREE) improved greatly on what the PAID FOR guys did.

Not knowing what I wanted made it hard for me to tell him what I wanted him to do. But after a ride on Blackzooks 1441, I knew exactly what I wanted - What he has. So I said to Whitney, "I want what He's got." I then went out for a track session, and Whitney spent the WHOLE session working on my suspension FOR FREE!!!!! When I went out for my next session - holy sheit, I could not belive the difference.

It had changed from riding around corners scared, to pushing as hard as I dared. No Bullshit. Seriously, No Bullshit. Seriously, Seriously, it was a completly differnt bike - I was Valentino, or Casey, or whoever you follow. Fk, I was impressed.

I thought I had lost my Mojo from my crash at Philip Isl., What I had lost since putting it back together was suspension settings.

Seriously. Having someone who knows what they are doing with suspension, and telling them what it feels like, vs what you want it too feel like, makes riding so much more fun I cant describe...... Hang on yes I can... Zoom Zoom Zoom.

Tycho
Whitney is a legend! Made such a difference (before/after)

Giddy up Tycho!!!!
Yeah....
he tweaked my ol' bitch juz a little (front pre-load)....and i could definately tell the difference.....my lap times seemed to improve a bit for sure! Pi_thumbsup

Coolsmiley
He was lovely. He worked on everyone's bikes then came over the to mighty RGV. He bounced up and down on the back and shook his head, then bounced the front up and down and shook his head harder. He said he couldn't do anything more for it. THAT'S BECAUSE IT IS SO GOOD!!!

Bruce kindly took all his bikes so we could bike whore. I had every intention of riding other things, but each time we got the call I'd just have to ride the RGV. It is a beautiful little thing. This time I had a bit of my mojo back, so I learned to take the tightest line I possibly could and slip around inside other people. I found if I tried to go wide, they'd get away from me under power. MAN it is the polar opposite of the busa.

Thanks to all, I had a great weekend. And to Bruce as always.
A couple more photos. I didn't take many, I was having too much fun.

A beautiful Laverda trackie I met at Marulan.

This is why we don't drink. I have a few photos I don't remember taking, this is the least incriminating of them. TYCHO playing pool.

The lovely Whitney from RATS helping us all with the suspension on our bikes.

Ang and her very quick trackie.

A group shot.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(10-05-2010, 02:12pm)Heidi1 Wrote: This is why we don't drink. I have a few photos I don't remember taking, this is the least incriminating of them. TYCHO playing pool.

So where is the Indian, the Cowboy, the Army guy,and the Leather man Lol2
Kathy
Rear half of 2000 Red/Grey Busa Smitten
Rear half of 2010 Red BMW K1300 GT Smitten
how did the gulf western oil RS250 bike go Bruce ? were you any quicker on than one i.e. is it easier to ride faster ? , it certainly looks the goods .
Nige, that Aprillia is UNBELEIVABLE!!!
I lapped faster on that than any other bike!
(11-05-2010, 06:06pm)09sydrd Wrote: how did the gulf western oil RS250 bike go Bruce ? were you any quicker on than one i.e. is it easier to ride faster ? , it certainly looks the goods .

The gulf bike ran like a clock the whole weekend but the clutch was slipping under full load mainly on the straight in the higher gears. My original RS250 was much more fun to ride once I replaced the broken throttle cable, just that little but harsher. More savage on the power band, brakes and steering. More fun to ride hard.

I will swap the front end, brakes, Giles rearsets, GP rear shock, expansion chambers and other bling bits from the old RS to the new one and sell off my old bike. The Gulf bike will be a real weapon with all the good bits on it.

The suprising thing for me on the weekend was that Heidi's RGV was just a touch faster on the straight right up until near the end when the RS caught up with it. Amazing bike the RGV.
(11-05-2010, 06:55pm)pan Wrote: Nige, that Aprillia is UNBELEIVABLE!!!
I lapped faster on that than any other bike!

The RS250's are fast nothing at all passed it around the back of the track. On Sunday some quick guys on 1000's jumped into our group and passed the RS on the straight, we caught and passed both by turn 9.Pi_tongue Had the back wheel in the air under brakes into turn 9 and power sliding out. It was smooth controlable and just easy to ride quickly. I'm talking street rider quickly not racer quickly by the way.
You lot are making me jealous I may have to swap track next
year, Heidi you were lucky a helmet wasn't handy when I jumped on your beast Nerd Coolrasta
(11-05-2010, 09:39pm)simmo Wrote: You lot are making me jealous I may have to swap track next
year, Heidi you were lucky a helmet wasn't handy when I jumped on your beast Nerd Coolrasta

Simmo you ride like a rocket on the road and would go nuts on the track. Just do it mate. I'm booking in for June 12th come down and ride one of the Aprillia's or the 1441 you will never look backScary.

Talk to you about it on Friday.