Are we to politically correct or just over sensitive?
Hey i did some werk last month whatchutalkin bout boy
Cheers, Pete� Coolafro
Do not click here
(15-10-2014, 08:35pm)Tony Nitrous Wrote: We have a laugh at work.

Italian concreters.
Irish and South African engineers.
Kiwi pipe layers.
Kiwi and a Welsh directors.
English secutary.
Brazilian HR guy.
English, Maori, Scottish labourers.
Irish traffic controllers.

It's just the Aussies who we have trouble getting to do any work.

I can add to that:
Seychelloise HR Manager,
Butch Operations Manager,
Vietnamese PA
Aboriginal Business Support Officer
A Victorian Business Dev Manager
Aboriginal CEO

We all have a laugh and adapt (aka fit in) to each others cultures. Why? Simple, we all like living in Oz and getting on.
Government certified carpet muncherDrool
Good to hear

Sounds like my street lol
Cheers, Pete� Coolafro
Do not click here
(16-10-2014, 08:50pm)DjPete Wrote: Hey i did some werk last month whatchutalkin bout boy

I say boy u talkin to me.

had to watch it right through. every line a classic
Cheers, Pete� Coolafro
Do not click here
Just going back to the original T-Shirt. We had a "racism expert" on the radio earlier this week, who said he didn't think the shirt was racist.

I'd like to know .. What the fcuk is a racism expert?? And who pays his fcuken wages ?? Wtf
Depends a lot on your media source of info on anything. I usually get at least 3 different opinions if not sure from left and right sources.
Cheers, Pete� Coolafro
Do not click here
Maybe the contention here is
Is the t-shirt itself directly promoting racism or can it be used for racist intention?

to me it is NOT a direct promotion of racism but as pointed out by Pete similar slogans HAVE been used for racist intention......

so do we allow people to decide on how to use something or remove it from access because a fringe group has used it wrongly?

if we remove it completely then isn't that then a form of discrimination?

the questions seem to go on and on for any direction taken
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
Well lets take Ray's example of calling an Aboriginal a black c***. Sure THAT guy was fine with it BUT does that mean all Aboriginals would be fine with it? Definitely not.

So do we say it's our right and get it printed on a T Shirt because for me it's fine or do we take the average persons interpretation of that statement and say well it is treading in dangerous water.
I know which option I would take.
Cheers, Pete� Coolafro
Do not click here
well for starters, obscene language is actually against the law and it should be...

it is a lot different calling an individual a name than calling all of a race the same name isn't it?

I mean call Me an asshole cause I can be sometimes, but then calling ALL Anglo Saxons assholes makes it fall into directly promoting racism!
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
(17-10-2014, 09:20am)Dale Wrote: Just going back to the original T-Shirt. We had a "racism expert" on the radio earlier this week, who said he didn't think the shirt was racist.

I'd like to know .. What the fcuk is a racism expert?? And who pays his fcuken wages ?? Wtf

Surely if you have achieved expert status, you must be very racist indeed.Pi_tongueLol3
Additionally to this, as Australians if we're called names like the ones above its usually laughed off because that's the "Australian Way". Water off a duck's back so to speak. I think this is what we've lost as time has progressed, now we're all so up tight and worry too much about what other people think. Especially those that have come here from other places and don't know how we roll...
I'm starting a thread
Stralian sayings..
Lol
Cheers, Pete� Coolafro
Do not click here
(17-10-2014, 01:07pm)DjPete Wrote: I'm starting a thread
Stralian sayings..
Lol

The word is not Stralian Pete its Strayin. How far have we come when we cant even pronounce our countrys name properly Read
haha ok ok. That's funny.
actually yeah strayin is the right way.
I consulted some friends..
[Image: 7J6jecF.jpg]

I have to fix the thread title now :-)
Cheers, Pete� Coolafro
Do not click here