High pitched noise in fuel tank
Just took my tank off again and unbolted and removed the fuel pump ass.Removed the white filter housing from motor.Reverse flushed filter with carb cleaner,about ten timesi.Jesus the amount of black shit that came out.anyway.refitted fired the girl up.Bloody hard to hear pump going.Just like new.thanks rev head .Will go for another blap tomorrow.Fingers crossed.cheersVery Happy.PS anyone with same problem,do this.Save $388.00 for a new filter ass.
(05-03-2013, 07:42pm)grantxr6t Wrote: Just took my tank off again and unbolted and removed the fuel pump ass.Removed the white filter housing from motor.Reverse flushed filter with carb cleaner,about ten timesi.Jesus the amount of black shit that came out.anyway.refitted fired the girl up.Bloody hard to hear pump going.Just like new.thanks rev head .Will go for another blap tomorrow.Fingers crossed.cheersVery Happy.PS anyone with same problem,do this.Save $388.00 for a new filter ass.
No probs
Can someone post the steps to do this please?
Don't tempt fate,TAUNT IT!

I'd just like to add that my 2008 bike had over 55,000 ks on it when I passed it on to another member and it never had any issues with fuel pump noise or starvation in over 4 years. Having said that, I exclusively used BP Ultimate 98 octane in that bike.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
(06-03-2013, 12:17am)storm Wrote: Can someone post the steps to do this please?
Do you want a YouTube type of vid.Can pull pump out again.ran out of carb cleaner last night.probably more dirt in there.cheers.    
guys one thing about doing this.....it is just a temporary bandaid fix that has potential to lead to other problems later.

Can't vouch for Gen1 but you will never effectively clean out the filter on the GenII - it's simply not possible.
Inside the sealed canister is a heavy duty V-folded filter element about 3/4" thick....designed to trap particles and be thrown away when clogged!

A quick experiment of a similar process would be to take a filter element, pour used sump oil through it for 1 week..... then try to reverse flush it clean.
Yes you will be able to flush the bulk away but once the particles trap in the element....it's garbage....you will never clean it!

Doing the reverse flush process using chemicals will break down some of the sediment in the filter and if that starts to pass back through
the filter when running again..... that's headed straight to your injectors. Also you still have a constant increased load on your pump which does wear the internals
faster leading to other problems later from the metal particles reacting with the fuel - lab test results have proven that already.

You need the fuel to detonate and burn as clean as possible for best performance, and by choice ya'll are starting by running it through dirty old filters!

IMO this isn't a process to save money, as it has direct potential to cause problems later on in the engines life which would outweigh the savings of the temp fix.

Your bikes, your choice.... but please have a think about the pro's and cons of doing this.
(06-03-2013, 08:33am)BikerBoy Wrote: Your bikes, your choice.... but please have a think about the pro's and cons of doing this.

I think this is a good trick to know to get u outta trouble if stuck in the boondocks... but as BB said, replaceable filters are replaceable for a reason...
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
My last bike had 33k on it and when I cleaned the tank, it had bits of fingernail sized rusty pieces of metal in the bottom, the filter was black. When I cleaned out the tank and filter she went like a missile. This post reminds me to carry one of those filter funnels you can buy when you pump fuel in the tank, especially riding remote areas , but at the same time I dont want the bike and me to stink of fuel when I store the funnel.
(06-03-2013, 09:11am)jamdonut Wrote: My last bike had 33k on it and when I cleaned the tank, it had bits of fingernail sized rusty pieces of metal in the bottom, the filter was black. When I cleaned out the tank and filter she went like a missile. This post reminds me to carry one of those filter funnels you can buy when you pump fuel in the tank, especially riding remote areas , but at the same time I dont want the bike and me to stink of fuel when I store the funnel.

have you tried one of these?

http://www.qualitycycleparts.com/Profill...ra-mk2.htm
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

Perfect Pi_thumbsup

Hope the lip and surrounds fit the Hayabusa tank filler and cap, so will investigate. If it fits I will be first on the list to get one. I'm also thinking that it will be harder for fuel to pump into the tank and using little bursts of fuel from the pump will make you pay more. I dont believe the pumps are accurate when you do small squirts. When getting mower fuel in the 5 litre containers I pay more at the pump as it reads a greater amount by doing the small bursts.
(06-03-2013, 10:05am)jamdonut Wrote: Perfect Pi_thumbsup

Hope the lip and surrounds fit the Hayabusa tank filler and cap, so will investigate. If it fits I will be first on the list to get one. I'm also thinking that it will be harder for fuel to pump into the tank and using little bursts of fuel from the pump will make you pay more. I dont believe the pumps are accurate when you do small squirts. When getting mower fuel in the 5 litre containers I pay more at the pump as it reads a greater amount by doing the small bursts.

I am thinking the length of the filler filter will allow dispursal of fuel freely an du can reduce the flow rather than use spurts.. never had a problem with filling my 1lt brush cutter bottle at servo while pumping it in slowly, always came to the 1lt mark with pump showning between .99 and1.01 lts
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

(06-03-2013, 09:24am)Batfink Wrote:
(06-03-2013, 09:11am)jamdonut Wrote: My last bike had 33k on it and when I cleaned the tank, it had bits of fingernail sized rusty pieces of metal in the bottom, the filter was black. When I cleaned out the tank and filter she went like a missile. This post reminds me to carry one of those filter funnels you can buy when you pump fuel in the tank, especially riding remote areas , but at the same time I dont want the bike and me to stink of fuel when I store the funnel.

have you tried one of these?

http://www.qualitycycleparts.com/Profill...ra-mk2.htm

That looks like a good option, similar (but finer) to what mowers (& a 1953 Landrover we once owned) have in them from new, most I have seen anyway.

As jamdonut says there is potential for this to create issues when filling.
Will be looking forward to a report on this item.
mate i gotta say that in fitting DJs motor to my bike bc the last motor had more problems then a worn out pro.it had a blocked filter and would not pull past 7k i wasnt spending 400 buck on a filter after just spend 3k everything i had in the bank at the time to get my busa going again,the simple fix is to reverse blow flush it
i saw a shit load of what i would call mud come out of my filter ,and its been 9 weeks and the motor has never run better ,imo, its your own choice blow 400 bucks when u havent got it ,or spend a couple of hours and blow it out the filter is that dence and that big ,i cant see it causing harm to a motor

also using carb cleaner is prob better bc it wont melt or burn the inside of the filter
(06-03-2013, 05:07pm)revhead Wrote: mate i gotta say that in fitting DJs motor to my bike bc the last motor had more problems then a worn out pro.it had a blocked filter and would not pull past 7k i wasnt spending 400 buck on a filter after just spend 3k everything i had in the bank at the time to get my busa going again,the simple fix is to reverse blow flush it
i saw a shit load of what i would call mud come out of my filter ,and its been 9 weeks and the motor has never run better ,imo, its your own choice blow 400 bucks when u havent got it ,or spend a couple of hours and blow it out the filter is that dence and that big ,i cant see it causing harm to a motor

also using carb cleaner is prob better bc it wont melt or burn the inside of the filter
That's what I recon.my fuel pump is quiet has.When it starts making that loud noise again,might think about a new one.
Thinking about one of those gauze filters.Was going to go down to bursons.to by some and make one,would save trouble now.The only thing,it's abit tight going in.might have to twist it one side.cheers
(06-03-2013, 10:33pm)grantxr6t Wrote:
(06-03-2013, 05:07pm)revhead Wrote: mate i gotta say that in fitting DJs motor to my bike bc the last motor had more problems then a worn out pro.it had a blocked filter and would not pull past 7k i wasnt spending 400 buck on a filter after just spend 3k everything i had in the bank at the time to get my busa going again,the simple fix is to reverse blow flush it

That's what I recon.my fuel pump is quiet has.When it starts making that loud noise again,might think about a new one.
Thinking about one of those gauze filters.Was going to go down to bursons.to by some and make one,would save trouble now.The only thing,it's abit tight going in.might have to twist it one side.cheers
Took bike for a good run.Back to new.full power.Front wheel comes up easier.The power drop sort of sneeks up on you.till it dies going over 7 or 8 thru gears.Like I don't blast around like a madman all the time,lol.Pi_thumbsup