Sydney WSID Wednesday nights
Have you actually riden one Glenn? At the track?

You seem to have all the answers!!

Leonard.Biker
The gen 2 stock makes max power around 9500 according to their dyno graphs not unlike the gen 1.If i shift mine at my max power of around 9700 i can run 145mph.If i rev mine to 10300 coil rpm each gear i run 139-140mph.I have done this back to back.The new busa doesn't drop off like mine up top so perhaps its not as bad.With shorter gearing than a gen 1 at 140mph the gen2 would have to be way past peak power in 3rd gear.Im Not saying i,m right but i know how to get a gen 1 to mph and soon we,ll find out if that applies to a gen 2.I,ve been wrong before so you can all gloat if im wrong this time.EmbarassedWhat appears right in the shed or dyno often embarrasses on the strip.Lol3
simmo Wrote:...I'm going to have to work out how to get some ballast in the front end somehow Confused

More ballastScary

Youre going to need a solid front tyre and metal round stock for fork springs to save the header pips this time my LadCoolsmiley

Oh shit i've just let out another secretNerdBoobies4Wm
[Image: zzzCustom.jpg]
"par excellence"
spamanglenn Wrote:The gen 2 stock makes max power around 9500 according to their dyno graphs not unlike the gen 1.If i shift mine at my max power of around 9700 i can run 145mph.If i rev mine to 10300 coil rpm each gear i run 139-140mph.I have done this back to back.The new busa doesn't drop off like mine up top so perhaps its not as bad.With shorter gearing than a gen 1 at 140mph the gen2 would have to be way past peak power in 3rd gear.Im Not saying i,m right but i know how to get a gen 1 to mph and soon we,ll find out if that applies to a gen 2.I,ve been wrong before so you can all gloat if im wrong this time.EmbarassedWhat appears right in the shed or dyno often embarrasses on the strip.Lol3
I did a couple of test runs to night Scary I'm still shaking, I did a lot of checking out the tops of trees (not on the road Idiot2) data logged the runs peak power is up high on these suckers looks like 10500 -11000, will get a better idea at the track tomorrow night, looking like may have to gear it down a bit for the strip, so has anyone got a spare 10 or 15kg of lead laying around Nerd
Legend Wrote:Have you actually riden one Glenn? At the track?

Leonard.Biker

Would have been quicker to type "NO".

Leonard.Biker
watching the gen 2 times with interest. i got caught out last friday with a wheelie in 2nd gear at 8k which came up so smoothly and quietly which at about 160kmh with no straps scared the crappers out of me as the gen 1 never did that. go simmo!
simmo Wrote:I did a couple of test runs to night Scary I'm still shaking, I did a lot of checking out the tops of trees (not on the road) data logged the runs peak power is up high on these suckers looks like 10500 -11000, will get a better idea at the track tomorrow night, looking like may have to gear it down a bit for the strip, so has anyone got a spare 10 or 15kg of lead laying around

I still have those sheets of lead. You know where they are, if you need them...

...or just lean your helmet forward further when you launch. Gnarbunkle told me you have a pretty thick head Confused.
Wm

Legend Wrote:
Legend Wrote:Have you actually riden one Glenn? At the track?

Leonard.Biker

Would have been quicker to type "NO".

Leonard.Biker

I'm lovin this!
Roll
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing especially when that little is constantly rammed down everyones throat as gospel.
Nice night for a Drag, pity I'm out, but do let on how the night went.
[Image: zzzCustom.jpg]
"par excellence"
So to all the gen 1 owners and gen 2 owners tonight is the first night i know of where a lowered gen1 and gen2 go head to head.Will spaman eat humble pie,will simmo go home with his tail between his legs.Will alex borg on the stock height gen2 beat us all???Will guido bring his gen 2 out with his ballast and beat skinny alex.In Busa land its shaping up to be potentially an interesting night.Unfortunately chris can,t make it to bolster the gen 1 fight.If bruce and pan come out please no full beer cans,I,ll make sure i,m in the left lane.Coolsmiley
I'll be happy just to get into the nines tonight with stock pipes & no ballast Party-smiley-018
hey simmo, zat you in the latest RAPID? looks like a heart in mouth moment. goodonya
markCoolsmiley
spamanglenn Wrote:So to all the gen 1 owners and gen 2 owners tonight is the first night i know of where a lowered gen1 and gen2 go head to head.Will spaman eat humble pie,will simmo go home with his tail between his legs.Will alex borg on the stock height gen2 beat us all???Will guido bring his gen 2 out with his ballast and beat skinny alex.In Busa land its shaping up to be potentially an interesting night.Unfortunately chris can,t make it to bolster the gen 1 fight.If bruce and pan come out please no full beer cans,I,ll make sure i,m in the left lane.Coolsmiley

In case you hadn't noticed, it's not just Bruce and Pan... Coffee

Good luck Glenn and 08's. Let us all know how you all go Pi_thumbsup
If it was me on my K8 (and no - I know its not), I'd be having a few runs bog stock to get some baseline data.
I'd be more satisfied getting the most out of a stock bike than trying to better an unknown starting point.

In any case in a stock run GEN 1 v GEN II, the GEN II is gonna walk all over any other stock bike if the riders have the same skill level. Then if you go mod for mod on the same two bikes, the GEN II will ALWAYS be a winner.

I can't wait to read the results of tonight anyhow....
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
Well I'm now the fastest Gen2 at WSID for a minute or two ran heaps of 10.0s (10.030 the quickest)
Still have stock pipes, wheels etc no ballasts full tank of fuel, it weighted in at 271 kgs Scary
On one run almost flipped it twice Idiot2
All was all good fun it was the best I have seen the strip for ages

ps & Glen got to count my leds in my tail-lights a few times Lol2