You heard it here first...
Don't remember that stretch of road on the way to Broady.
Great pic showing the tacho etc...
Are you from Vic? We should catch up. (But judging by the pic that might be a hard job!)
Cheers, Phil.
P.S. Ya gotta get the clutch mod for better launches.
I will try and make a ride coming up but probably just a meeting/coffee for now. Just had a new baby son so it's hard to get out these days.

BTW I was concerned that the clutch mod might cause premature wearing under heavy accell, plus I don't drag the bike anyway so the only place I look a bit silly it at the traffic lights.

Do you use yours mainly for drag? I have extended dogbones so the rear sits higher so it doesn't go to well at calder.
Mine is a daily commuter and a cross country tourer. It won't wear the clutch. But it will be more progressive and launch harder if you want it too. I don't drag race. (Let it go Rev!)
Slipper clutches are for latte riders that can't pull up without locking the back wheel under down shifting. (Just my 2c worth )
Congratulations on your new son. They're nothing but trouble, but I can't help but like the little trouble makers.
(Two boys aged 6 & 8, one girl 5)
Cheers, Phil. "Your slipper Clutch is Very Boring"!
You would be well versed then on the excitement of fatherhood.

I was hesitant to do the clutch mod because I previously had a zx9 and tl-s and both clutches were shite. The Busa clutch has been great except for the brass button effect , in that it still hooks up fine.

I might have to make the conversion if I was convinced that all would be okay.
re clutches gdy
try and drop nearly 100kph (from 280ish), lose 2 gears in less than 100m (ideally) before you enter turn 1 at the Island and then tell me you don't want a BTL ...it's gold Jerry, gold!

Did you snoop a peek at Vermulen entering turn 1 while you were there? No slipper on the fireblade still...see the rear end getting loose?? Not a good problem to have at the best of times
No argument Bigshow. That's is when the standard clutch is good. Everywhere else it's CHEESE!
You know I fall off in corners under braking.
Ever heard of rear wheel steering on a bike? I got that!
Cheers, Phil. "Life is not a spectator sport".
BTL's?.... yeah great, but why has the bus got one ?
Could it be to make things easier for the track day boys ?...don't think so Is the bike's design racing oriented making it obligatory ?...don't think so

It has to be a safety feature to make the bike idiot proof for those who can't remember what gear they're in or what the pattern is in this age of litigation To this end it works fine, too bad about the narrow band of clutch engagement that goes with it

The gloves are off now!
I held back on that one!
Cheers, Phil. "What gear am I in"???
P.S. Didn't this post start off about "Your Car is Very Boring"?
Now we're onto idiot proof clutches.
Gotta love this board guys!
Cheers, Phil. "Your Car is Still Very Boring"!

the gloves are still on
the Rev makes some very good points

just to add, that way back when the busa came out it was so far above anything else Suzuki (or insert random bike maker here) had at the time...
that's probably why they did it...
And back in '99 pranksters did seriously try and race the busa FX style...problem was there's not a racetrack with a straight in the country (or world>D ) long enough to compensate for a 200+kg bohemeth...

Reason I speak up, there's no shortage of people that will tell you to mod the clutch (great mod for sure)...even balled headed individuals that reckon they can do it and retain the BTLD"> Point being if your bike ever sees some serious track time don't do it!!
Yep, another good point Bigshow. But not many do regular track days on the "bohemeth". Or wind it out in the straights for that matter. Most just like the bragging rights for the "Worlds Most Fastest Production Bike"!
And we know who you are!
Cheers, Phil. "Your Worlds Most Fastest Production Bike is Boring"! (Unless you can wind it out!)
far too much acquiescence here boys...
where's rocketman when you need him?

Position Vacant:
1 resident shit stirrer required, abilty to talk constant shit / disagree with everything an advantage, but not a necessity
Salary commensurate with experience...
Hi!
How many weeks annual leave do I get?

BTW: Bigshow, that is a BEAUTIFUL rear race stand you have there in the photos. Who made it for you and how much did they charge?
That job's already taken, besides, I'm over qualified
What a fcuken pisser...

I haven't laughed as much since Rocketmans ride day fiasco.

Let's not ever get serious guys it would break my heart.
Cheers, Phil. "Member of the Worlds Most Funniest Club".

P.S. Nice cheap shot too Fast Freddie.