Cam Chain annoyance!!!!!
HMMM while the donk is all over the floor, in bits ,why not make it a 1397 I have a spare drill. Cheers,
Kawasuki<i></i>
Good News Andy, great to hear you're not going to be without your bike for a long time. That would be a bad thing.

Cheers

Max
Madmax - GSX1300R Black and Blue Buses Rule
Good Bike, Good Woman, Good Road, Good Weather, Good God - Good Bye!
Smith and Wesson - The original point and click interface.
Some people are alive only because it's illegal to kill them.
<i></i>
I am going to leave it to the experts

I dont know enough about any thing to do with motors, I only know how to make jewellery
Blue Thunder!!!!

Andrew :)

Blue and Silver Bling the Best thing!!!!!<i></i>
Since you are a jeweller andy perhaps you could do something creative with the old cam chain when its replaced?perhaps make the word hayabusa out of the chain and stick it on a plaque? <i></i>
Nah...Cheesecake <i></i>
depends how much its stretched rev.Thats an extra 2 letters. Glenn the Spa Man<i></i>
Andy , why did you pull the bike from 10/10ths and take it back to the mechanics you had just ridiculed in previous posts? <i></i>
Lets get one thing clear I was not actually saying they were at fault as I had a few different mechanics look at it in the past from different establishments and I discussed with them noises that the bike was making!!! I was just going on new information given to me by Col....

Monday morning my mechanic came to see me at my shop and expressed concern about the Bike and we disscussed
the Facts and they were.

. Bike was still rideable
. No difference in power or starting
. No problem riding
. rattling noise was there

. Col had a look at it and said there was a major problem after just listening to it.

. phonecall from col the following day and he said it had jumped 2 teeth.

. My mechanics and a few others in the know, said it would not start, let alone run or idle without a lot of backfiring or fuss, if jumping two teeth had occured....

.Col would not give me a quote , a rough quote or a worse case senario or any price whatsoever only that he was very cautious and had to pull the motor out, he would not do any kind of test,

.The few days with a cam chain turned to a I might get to it , maybe in a couple of weeks or longer, I only have one pair of hands, which I fully understand working for myself .

I told Col that money was tight at the moment because of business reasons and my circumstances........ so things, just werent adding up, for me to leave it there!!!!
After arriving at Cols on monday afternoon at lunchtime unannounced he told me he couldnt quote and I wouldnt be getting any price out of him whatsoever as he didnt have Xray vision and after lots more phonecalls to numerous people on my mobile in the carpark and after alot of stress, I decided to have the bike transported to my mechanics with Cols permission only after I pay $220 for work carried out which was
. Remove Fairings
. Remove airbox, sparkplugs
. seat
. any Covers needed
. Inspect and evaluate
. time taken
It cost me $80 to transport, which I thought was great through my mechanics reccomendation

Fact.
I was there when the bike arrived at my mechanics, we straight away tested valve clearances and they were all nearly spot on what they should be...... and needed to be adjusted minutely, but all clearances were nearly exact , inspected cam chain and guides , none showed any sign of being broken. Bike will be pulled down Thursday as far as we can tell before other tests are made, is motor does not need to be removed.
also did a quick compression test and it was ok....

I only took the bike to Col because I wanted the Clutch welded and a few bits other bits done as I know from others Col is Excellent.

I did not go because I was unhappy in any way with my mechanics and I was told something different about the bike.... and that is why I reacted the way I did!!!!

You make up your own mind!!!!!!

If you would not be able to get even a rough quote of the cost of having your bike fixed would you be ok with that???

I am not bagging anyone in this thread, but go, on the facts and make you own conclusions!!!!

Blue Thunder!!!!

Blue and Silver Bling the Best thing!!!!!<i>Edited by: andycool&nbsp; at: 17/5/06 1:24 pm
</i>
Sometimes businesses forget the fact that people have to earn the money to pay what they charge.Business often get used to the good life of making very good money on most or all jobs.This makes them lose empathy for each customer, which equals lack of customer service.I would have thought someone so familar with busas would have been more methodical in the analysis and progressive charging of the job.Everybody wants a bottom line figure to digest and a time frame.These are the fundamentals of business.Sometimes though when you get a name for yourself, money seems to falls in your lap without any real effort and you slacken off.I know i have been guilty of this at times and have had the kick in the arse accordingly,telling me to lift my game.You are only as good as your last job. <i></i>
Learn as much as you can about your bike, and fit/service as much as you can - get manual on CD at least.

I only go to Mechanics for BIG jobs now, after the thing is sooo bad, even I know what's wrong with it, (idea at least).

Additionally, I strip as much of the bastard as I can, or take the part in, like a wheel for tyres or bearings (okay, some small jobs go to mechanic as well, because they're infrequent and reasonably priced).

I think $220 was too much for the job described, and agree with Spamhead. We all need to make a living, but c'mon..."wounded bull pricing"?

Generally speaking, I pay for wheel bearings and dyno work. <i></i>
yeh I agree with throwup . Cheers,
Kawasuki<i></i>
and I agreed with Kawa-psycho

Cheers,
Bed-pan
"sometimes crime does pay"<i>Edited by: pan&nbsp; at: 18/5/06 7:24 am
</i>
Futher developments

Just inspected cam chain timing and positions and all were perfect

Cam Chain has not jumped any teeth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sight inspected valves and pistons on intake valves and all were ok

oil level was ok and I was told the oil was not ok

we are still giving no2 a full inspection to make sure it is ok as valve clearance was slightly out and compression lower than others but not drastically.....

Possibly get it back middle of next week if all runs well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Blue Thunder!!!!

Blue and Silver Bling the Best thing!!!!!<i>Edited by: andycool&nbsp; at: 20/5/06 7:25 am
</i>
Geez, stuff like this annoys me.

Just like when Action told me I needed new brake disc, clutch and quite likely forks. All three remain on the bike 60,000km and counting. How much would it have cost for Action to supply and fit that lot? I still have the receipt with 'bike in extreme need of repair' written on it, (they let me ride it home 107km away, they were so concerned - got me so worried, I shat myself the whole way).

Just imagine how much you'd be into right now Mr. Cool if the engine had been pulled down. And if nothing had been found, would you have known about it? Heck no, by the time you get your pride and joy back in perfect order, you don't care about anything except it's perfect again. Grrr! <i></i>
That's good news so far.
So from all of this,
Does your bike have the cam chain tensioner recalls?
If not, are they going to do them?

Rgds BUSGO

"TAKE MY ADVICE"
I'm not using it anyway!<i></i>