Fuel Consumpton
Hi..
As i think so but i not have much idea on it.. So i have to refer it and check it first...
I was blown away when i hit 320 on the fuel light with my K9.
Only done 3000km on her so far but best i have pushed the tank to was 440 with about 1 litre left.
If i play up on the club rides averaging 150kmph i still get 300 to the 21 litre tank.
This is still with stock pipes on her as well.
Some of us are lucky to have bikes that seem to go the distance.
After 32,000 I am still averaging 20ks to the litre or there abouts.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
(22-07-2009, 11:03am)CarbonBusa Wrote:
(21-07-2009, 10:04am)redkatana Wrote: Have done about 4 tanks now on my new K9 but noticed i'm only getting 150km before the needle is in the red. All these km have been done in the inner west so far....is this about right?

Fuel gauge seems ok because im putting about 18ltrs in on a refuel.

Hi Red, you are either fanging it out each & every time you take off which I doubt because you would be running it in or you spend a hell of a lot of time sitting in traffic. If that is not the case then get it back to Suzuki to fix it under warranty as you should only have around 600 km on the clock & they don't go out of tune that quick. 150km per 18 litres converts to about 8.33 km per litre (23.5 MPG in the old lingo) or 12 litres per 100kms which is nearly what my VT V6 commodore gets Scary

...so I think you have a problem either with Self control Pi_tongue Traffic Scary or the bike Pi_freak

+1 to all the above. 23 mpg is what I get out of my V8 Fairmont on hwy cycle on LPG giving it plenty Very Happy

Could be its a combination of the traffic and your enthusiasm. My (soon to be sold and replaced with a BusaParty-smiley-018) 1500cc Kwaka cruiser slurps it up in heavy traffic to the point where when I first got it I was seriously looking for the leak. Get yours checked though.

Cheers
I do a bit of mixed riding but average sits on 5.6L/100km. Same as my girlfriend's 600 (unless I'm riding it) :)
Trophy

Fuel consumption is the last thing on my mind when I'm on the Busa. Riding Busa hard=Busa uses lots of fuel.
It also depends on where you park, sunny hot days means more fuel consumption (normal consumption + lot of Evaporation). But I agree to Riding Busa hard=Busa uses lots of fuel. Never checked how much I get......
best 330km, probably could have gone another 50km
im happy when I get 350 before filling up, Most fuel ever used would be maybe 18/21 litres
Black K9
Peregrine Falcon - Capable of slicing winds at over 300km/h
Hayabusa - Capable of carrying my arse to over 300km/h
Gen1 I usually get the light come on around 240-250 then I know I have a safe 75k's left in the tank, but rarely push beyond 300 for a fill up. I only have used Ultimate 98 oct fuel.
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
Wellllllllll, I've just got back from the WA 10th anniversary Busa run and it was fantastic! But I'll leave the accolades to others for another thread.

For the entire run I had my air/fuel ratio meter mounted on the top triple clamp giving me the good news in real time. The data comes from a Bosch LSU 4.2 wideband oxygen sensor which has a laser trimmed calibration chip and is managed by a Tech Edge WB0 datalogger. The datalogger is also calibrated to air.

The K8 is dead stock, including the ECU maps, apart from removal of 1st-4th gear and top speed restrictions and a switch that allows me to turn off the stock HO2 sensor without invoking a fault code.

We all rode responsibly at normal Hayabusa cruising speeds for the duration of the trip and all paid for it at the pump. Coolsmiley

Saturday was stinking hot (high ambient air temperature) and Sunday morning cool.

Here's what I found.

As per ECU code research, the Gen II Busa has a 'window' in which the HO2 sensor operates in closed loop. It starts at 2000 rpm and ends at 6000 rpm. Within this window the ECU doggedly holds the air/fuel ratio at lambda (14.7 parts air to 1 part of fuel). With high ambient air temp the bike runs excessively rich; ranging between 11.8:1 to 12.4:1. When cool (approx 18 degrees celcius) it sits around 13.1:1 to 13.4:1 - prime power territory.

With the HO2S switched off, the bike again runs excessively rich (avg 12.6:1) all the way from low rpm through to high rpm. Actually, the faster I went the richer it got. I got the impression the ram air compensation formula is not right for Australian conditions, (and neither is the 'rich' margin). I also noted that the engine coolant temperature dropped the faster I went!

What's going on? Well, at this stage it's just conjecture, (logging to commence this week) but I reckon Suzuki went for a big fat margin of error to accommodate fitment of aftermarket pipes. It also went rich because a rich mixture provides lower noise emissions, (PAIR, catalytic converters and the HO2S fix the exhaust emissions). The third reason I believe Suzuki went for a rich margin was to help prevent detonation. The Hayabusa doesn't have a knock sensor, therefore having a rich mixture helps reduce the potential for pre-ignition or detonation.

It all equals higher fuel consumption and less power.

Hmmm, I reckon there some potential here.....

Camel
Well I'm also back from the WA Busa run and yes Camel would be correct in saying that we paid for it at the pump but is saying that I didn't put in any more than 17 ltrs so still 4 ltrs left going off what Suzuki claim the fuel tank holds.

We ran 240 klms leg on the 1st day at which started out at legal road speed limits which gradually increased to a holy shit warp factor of well in excess of 200+. A lot of us thought we were running on fumes for say the last 20k's but in that stint I only put in 16.8ltrs which I thought was pretty good considering the speed averaged on the last 100k's.

In saying that the worst that I got was 200k's on 17 ltrs for the guys in WA that was the leg on the way back from the Brewery on Sunday.

All in all the Busa can be like a Big Block V8 quite economical if you cruise to a fuel drinking low flying missile, so if you want fuel consumption ease of on the throtlle if you really don't care well twist the throtle & bring on the fun Very Happy
(21-07-2009, 07:28pm)[UNIT] Wrote: last time i rode it my light came on at 171km.

if i ride in c mode (with the gf on her p's) i can almost do double..

Sorry, but is that true about getting better mileage from C mode? Have often wondered.
seams like i get 300 cruser speed mine has a xtree even 6 gear set floging it but in the 4 gear set it gone 150 15 lts but big diferance in bike
"seams like i get 300 cruser speed mine has a xtree even 6 gear set floging it but in the 4 gear set it gone 150 15 lts but big diferance in bike"

I feel a bit like a tourist might....what the hell does that say in English?...anyone?