been away for a while,my two bobs worth
Well it looks to me that there are only 2 riders on here who know what they are talking about and one of them is
TWISTGRIP and the other is DAD but that said sorry to upset you guys as this is a Busa forum so no more comments from me.
PS If 2 bikes have roughly the same Horse power and 1 is lighter than the other by a fair margin I just wonder which one would be quicker. oh dear LOL!!!!
2009 Super Duke
2011 Aprilia RS 125
Honda Lead ScooterBiker
i agree the busa is quicker on the roads as most of the roads are covered with pot holes and ruts ect , the weight of the busa soaks up the bumps , the gsxr1000 would end up bouncing itself into a guard rail. + the busa has another 20 -30km/h advantage .On the track different story.I test rode a 05 gsxr1000 before i bought the busa , nice bike , handles well, stretched over too far for my liking, very hard to sell a gsxr1000 with higher k's as well.
This is stock.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ntdZSiVeQA&feature=PlayList&p=E5E195D0BEF323FE&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=5
2009 Super Duke
2011 Aprilia RS 125
Honda Lead ScooterBiker
me thinks dad is a shite stirrer......

he wants a busa really..yet his ego wont let him. heheehhehehe
its all good. dad you can aspire one day to own a busa when your ready then the club is here to help with all your questions.

the club helped me alot with after market parts and rides and mateship.they are awesome
Its ok Cheeky im just doing my last bit of stiring before I leave the forum its funny how it doesnt take much to get the boys and there testosterone going!! I love it !!!!
I had a Busa and sold it yep it was a good bike and one day I might get another one but for now Im sticking with the litre bike as Im not getting any younger Im 53 in 2 weeks so Im going to ride a sports bike as long as I can.
I work out a bit so im not a big fat old fart LOL Im just a fit old fart LOL.

CYA guys love Jeff but not in a gay way!!
Ride safe and get a real bike.
2009 Super Duke
2011 Aprilia RS 125
Honda Lead ScooterBiker
Thanks for the good laughs ohdear and the other guys and girls.
Keep it safe mate by the way what state do you live in?
Im at Tweed.
2009 Super Duke
2011 Aprilia RS 125
Honda Lead ScooterBiker
"many gixxer riders have often commented on the ugly look of a Busa ................. I usually walk them around to the rear of the bike and say have a look at that ? It's all you'll be lookin at so don't let the rest of it bother ya"

and the dad and dave connection (no offence dad)

Claplove your sense of humour and wit,ohdear
My 2 cents worth...

Having a brother with a k8 gixxer thousand and me having the k9 busa (well...used to have...) I can tell you from EXPERIENCE that the busa accelerates harder than the gixxer, will beat a gixxer in just about any real life riding...however you get to the twisty stuff, the gixxer feels alot more agile, easy to throw around, and that is where that bike really shines, and I believe on a tight track the gixxer should get away from the busa...

Both are great bikes, so I don't know what the argument is really about. Should be happy to have any of them parked in your garage...
Well Surfabusa I think you might just have to stop riding with those cheek chillers on and then they might stop with the ugly rear comments. LOL!!
Buy the way the 05 to 06 gix was the best model for low and mid power so there!
Anyho ohdear next time you go for a fang drop me a line it will be good to show me the gixxer parts up your pipe and hope there is a Yoshi carbon 1 in there as it would look better than the standard one.
Is your bus White with yoshi mufflers? Thats the one I went past about 2 weeks ago.
2009 Super Duke
2011 Aprilia RS 125
Honda Lead ScooterBiker
err..... dad where are you going???Undecided

dont leave us.just cause your old you dont have too leaveRoll
(tounge in cheek people! got in before the more sensitive types get upset)

there are older than god that live in this forumLol2

like take oh dear(please dont leave him here with us)
-gawd a line from monty python

he is so old.....

(insert quipps ie he is so old he makes cheese look good)
Wait a minute!
You saying I stink?
Like old cheese?
You are Cheeky very cheeky in fact!!
OOPPSS you mean that ohdear is a old fart?
Well i already gathered that he does ride a BUS you know so do you so that means ?????
2009 Super Duke
2011 Aprilia RS 125
Honda Lead ScooterBiker