Sydney WSID Wednesday nights
$50 weld up was excellent.
[Image: zzzCustom.jpg]
"par excellence"
simmo found a new way to lower the rear of the bike without the lowering links.Lol3We all learnt how simmos bike goes back together.
Cool I'm in for Wed night, new 200 ultra soft, 4 Factory pros & raised the back a bit to try and hold the sucker down
Thanks for the offer for the front wheel Guys will try and get Pans but may have to wait a week Confused
I hope that the weather holds, last meet for the year?
"par excellence"
I'm inSunSunPi_thumbsup
Race you to the the front gate, beat you last Fri Egyptian
chris was on fire tonight.9.5 seconds is the new pb for the sydney group and likely to stay for that spec of bike.Well done dude your attention to detail has reaped the rewards on the last run of the year.Three cheers for chris.Trophy1.58 60 ft,4.0 330ftScary
Gnarbs managed 3 PB's in a row!

then the 9.57

Trophy Onya Chris!!!

Goes to prove which colour is the fastest, hey Chris?
Biker
Great work Chris awesome time and a great 60 footTrophy
My daughter was there last night and said that the bikes were all better than any of the cars.
She also said that the Copper one was the BEST!

(She has been a bit off colour lately and I explained that is all show and no go)
Ghastly

Have a Merry Christmas Simmo..
Trophy
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
Great finish to the year for you Chris, good effort.Pi_thumbsup

Greg
Thanks a lot guys for all the positive comments, I almost didnâ€t make it out last night, it was raining on the way out and only because it was the last meet for the year, that I decided to press on. By the time I arrive at the gate, the rain has stopped but the clouds are looking ominous. Guido and Pan are already there, so in we go, fingers crossed that the rain holds out and we may even get ten or more runs in tonight, just like we did this time last year, because a lot of people by now, are away on holiday and wonâ€t show up.
I chose the Wynnâ€s lane (left lane) because its†given me a PB recently and I feel more confident of a better run in that lane. For the first run I leave 38lb of pressure in the rear tyre, I can deflate it if the need arises but I want trap MPH and that M3 tyre has so far been hooking up at high pressure. The run feels good and I review the reading shown on my Veypor data logger as I travel along the return road. Its†showing a high 9.5 so when I pick up my time slip, I am initially a little disappointed as the time slip shows a 9.637. The difference is due to rear tyre slip because the Veypor is counting wheel revolutions and any tyre spin or slip tricks it into thinking that the course distance has been covered sooner. Still, a 9.637 is a PB and Iâ€m happy with that, I leave the bike alone and eagerly wait for the next run.
On successive runs my times usually improve as more cars lay fresh rubber down the strip and I become more aggressive on the launch. In the return lane my Veypor is showing an identical time for the second run. Iâ€m stoked when I pick up my time sheet, which reads 9.602, another PB! A 9.5 is within reach tonight if only the rain holds off.
We line up for the 3rd run and the rain comes down, this could be it for the year and Iâ€m happy with the two PBs†and a little disappointed because I know that a 9.5 is achievable tonight. Management brings out the burnout cars and eventually the rain stops and racing restarts. I decide its time to assert dominance over the bike and it responds with a mono and I decide to back off, that results in a 1.605 60†and an ET of 9.832. I got greedy chasing the 9.5 and gave it too much off the line that time.
Its†getting late now, about 9.00pm but I want that 9.5 real bad and this is possibly my last run for this year. I line up and go, the launch feels good but possibly a little soft as the front end hasnâ€t come up at all, the rest of the run is clean, see shift light, shift, tuck away as small as possible. On my return I notice that my Veypor is showing a 9.6 and by now Iâ€m thinking that I should have given it more stick off the line. I cross the tunnel and Guido yells out “nine five” and I say to myself “yeah right”. I pick up my time sheet and have a quick sticky beak at it, if it wasnâ€t for my helmets†chin strap, my jaw would have hit the tank. My time slip shows 60â€=1.581 and ET=9.575. I lower my visor and it starts to fog as I make girlie noises on the way back to the staging lanes.
The heavens open up and its†all over, what a way to finish off 2007, Santa came early for!
"par excellence"
BUSGO Wrote:My daughter was there last night and said that the bikes were all better than any of the cars.
She also said that the Copper one was the BEST!
(She has been a bit off colour lately and I explained that is all show and no go)
Ghastly
Have a Merry Christmas Simmo..
Trophy

The copper may be the best but not the fasted for a while Pi_freak Merry Xmas & safe 08 Ray

Well done Chriss Pi_thumbsup I stopped on the return road to watch your run, as soon as the time came up I was punching the air and the crowd was going off, well done and I know you may even still have a bit still left ... Trophy
Moved it to a new post Pi_thumbsup
Great writeup Chris and great runs too.
Go the mighty Reds.
(Daughter must have been tucking into a hotdog at that time)
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO