Canberrans Sips Again
(06-08-2010, 10:34am)LOAFIE Wrote: Sorry Max , had to dash back to Sydney last nite.
Hope to catch up next week, Zeffers is that the Pizza joint in "manuka"

Zeffer's is the same shop but is in Dickson, easy enough to find, head down Northborn avenue turn right at Antil Street, second right, 2nd right and it's on the corner. The bikes park on the curb near where the tables are, we haven't been booked or rousted by the constabulary yet. Car parking is another matter! lol
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
Cold miserable weather with intermitant squalls, sleet and possibly snow!! is our lot at the moment.
However, we havent had a dinner and drink at Zeffer's for ages. Anyone interested in braving the shit weather to have a social sip? Thursday (19th Aug) night 6.30 and we will sit inside in the warmth!!!

Max
Cold miserable weather with intermitant squalls, sleet and possibly snow!! is our lot at the moment.
However, we havent had a dinner and drink at Zeffer's for ages. Anyone interested in braving the shit weather to have a social sip? Thursday (26th Aug) night 6.30 and we will sit inside in the warmth!!!

We will get there, sooner or later!!

Max
I'm in.
(24-08-2010, 05:05pm)Heidi1 Wrote: I'm in.

If you're in, I'm in, that probably means it will be the whole two of us you know, the Canberra chapter of the AHC seems to have diminished to the "die-Hards".

All well and good.
I've pulled the Black Beast apart to go looking inside the gearbox, spent a couple of hours on her last night, the pipes are ready to come out then we're about ready to undo those strange looking bolts that hold the motor in place.

I'f we're doing a social sip this week it'll be in the car, mind you dear Ruffy has offered the register the TLR so I have 2 wheel transport until the Black Beast gets back onto the road.

Thanks so much Johmmy.
Hi all,

I should've dropped in at the start of the year, but I guessed all you ACTers were on holidays. It's been a long time since I said g'day to anyone on this site. What brings me back?\

Finally sold the yellow 998.Smitten
Bought a tricolore! Smitten Then an XR650R....Big Red PigIdiot2
Then sold the BRP and decided to get another Busa.Clap
BUT!!! I wanted to get a bike that dominated everything, in the twisties and on the straights. A bike that kept me and the missus comfortable for the 500km trip to the Oxley, then allowed me to rip it to shreds once there. A bike that could change suspension settings on the fly, had traction control and tyre pressure indicators. A bike that kept by hands warm and had a little lever up the front for dipping the headlight when I loaded her up too much. A bike that shifted up with the throttle pinned and didn't need the use of a cheese cake clutch. A bike that told me the tail light was busted, but the used the brake light to keep me safe regardless. A bike made with German precision. A BMW K1300S.

... still not a busa, but it's almost as good...Coolsmiley
All I'm taking from this is, YOU HAVE A MISSUS!!!! Who the heck did you talk into THAT?

Welcome back mate, good to see you again.
(06-09-2010, 02:14pm)xocet Wrote: Hi all,

I should've dropped in at the start of the year, but I guessed all you ACTers were on holidays. It's been a long time since I said g'day to anyone on this site. What brings me back?\

Finally sold the yellow 998.
Bought a tricolore! Then an XR650R....Big Red Pig:
BUT!!! I wanted to get a bike that dominated everything, in the twisties and on the straights. A bike that kept me and the missus comfortable for the 500km trip to the Oxley, then allowed me to rip it to shreds once there. A bike that could change suspension settings on the fly, had traction control and tyre pressure indicators. A bike that kept by hands warm and had a little lever up the front for dipping the headlight when I loaded her up too much. A bike that shifted up with the throttle pinned and didn't need the use of a cheese cake clutch. A bike that told me the tail light was busted, but the used the brake light to keep me safe regardless. A bike made with German precision. A BMW K1300S.

Welcome back fella, reckon you've probably broken a few hearts by doing what you've done - bloody Beema!Lol3CoolsmileyLol3

If you're back in Canberra we had better do a social sip sooner rather than later, wanna do this Thursday night - same zeffers, around 6.30pm. You can bring them both if you like. Let's do roll on's to see whether you spent your money wisely or not!

Max
(06-09-2010, 03:59pm)Madmax Wrote:
(06-09-2010, 02:14pm)xocet Wrote: Hi all,

Finally sold the yellow 998.
Bought a tricolore! Then an XR650R....Big Red Pig:

Welcome back fella, reckon you've probably broken a few hearts by doing what you've done - bloody Beema!Lol3CoolsmileyLol3

If you're back in Canberra we had better do a social sip sooner rather than later, wanna do this Thursday night - same zeffers, around 6.30pm. You can bring them both if you like. Let's do roll on's to see whether you spent your money wisely or not!

Max

Travis, and other AHC members, are we doing Zeffer's this week?

Max
Thursday is my last day at work, I'll still be clearing out my office at 10pm at this rate! Today I get to go to the ROOF!! NO-ONE gets to go to the roof.
(08-09-2010, 10:02am)Heidi1 Wrote: Thursday is my last day at work, I'll still be clearing out my office at 10pm at this rate! Today I get to go to the ROOF!! NO-ONE gets to go to the roof.

I can see the warning sign "Redhead on Roof, Howling at the Moon!"

Let's do next week then
If you look really REALLY carefully at the near corner of the roof ......

(08-09-2010, 05:35pm)Heidi1 Wrote: If you look really REALLY carefully at the near corner of the roof ......

You look so small! it must be miles up there!
Bloody miles. Seven stories. I'm waving like a loon. Do you like what I've done with my hair?