Bought my BUSA!!!!!!!!!
good buy .. now all you to do is watch out for all the idots in tin lids that wont to race you from every set of lights?????
Regards,
Shane
going by the S on the tank and not suzuki it should be a 05 my 04 has the full name on the tank and not just the letter
Regards,
Shane
Pi_thumbsupPi_thumbsupPi_thumbsupPi_thumbsup
There's no going back for you now. Good onya !!!!!
Rod, I was in Peter Stevens yesterday and there selling 07 models for $14,990.
Woman,where's my wallet?
And whats for tea?
Thats an 05 colour scheme. I've got an '04 and its paint designs and some of the decals are different to the '05. Maybe its a late 04 build and inherited the 05 scheme. Mine was built in April 04.

Enjoy !
Cool, its a 10/04 model, but from what I can gather from various resources it is the 05spec, as in paint job, s symbol, and clear lenses all round.
excellent buy there buddy dont we just love the sunny days up here in GODS country and to all the sourtherners drooling over our weather NER NER NER NER
Congratulations!

You wont regret it,theyre awesome ;)
Kompressor Wrote:Yeah - I was looking at around 13-14 for this model, and all of a sudden they wanted to get rid of it so I was just lucky I guess!

On the net I keep seeing my paintjob as the 05 model, not the 04 - anyone savvy to this?

I looked up a bunch of pages and the red is the 04 while the red/black is listed as 05 - I dont think the specs changed did they?

you will probely find your bike was built in 04 ready for 05 model they usaly start building date about 08 month like mine is a 03 model but built 11/02
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
I found out the front tyre was at 26psi.
Solved my handling issues for free!
Volvi Wrote:42psi according to the book front and back.

A good sight better than the 44 suggested earlier.

But seriously! Even 42 is like riding with rubber blocks for wheels. If i wrote the book i would suggest 38 front and rear be the stock for a busa with softish rubber fitted.

42 will improve your straightline speed through less tyre contact. Will help in reducing heat build up in the rubber when riding at over 250km/h for long periods of time which in turn stops your tyre tearing appart.
I must point out that the original tyre pressures in the book were meant for "THE" tyre that was specially made for the Hayabusa. Which i might point out, that i dont know anybody that runs them. Besides they probably say 42 to stop the softer compounds that people go for from throwing tread at speed from excess heat build up.

For normal day to day road use on a Hayabusa I'd run 38 like i said. Track days and serious hooning i'll leave up to you and trial and experience but i start out at 32 and usually drop a warm tyre pound or two depending on the day.

Did they rewrite the book for the new '08 Busa? After all it's running Brigdy 015's stock isn't it, and they're an everyman tyre?

Later all,
Geoff
It is an 05 model but it may have been sold in late November or early December 04.

Did you get the owner's handbook and tools with the bike when you bought it?
I suggest you read the handbook it has all the stock suspension settings and accurate setup instructions.

@ Geoff. The 08 busa has BT015 tyres fitted but they are Hayabusa SPEC tyres, much the same as the original BT56s that were spec tyres back in 99.
Our local Suzuki dealer still sells a lot of the BT56 specials so there are many still using them.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
bargain Clap looks good
I run 40 psi for the street & around 44 for the drags but don't tell Spaman Pi_thumbsup
Front and back or just the back Simmo?

Les and I are constantly trying to get the PSIs right. 42 front and back gives her a very direct feeling but I have to try a little less up front.

Cheers

Max:aussieHayabusa:aussie
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
15 kays for 10.9....check it thoroughly before you thrash it...that is a GOOD DEAL!!!
I gave it a good workout today - I'l just say that the thing is quick!
Everything was stock - the suspension screws didnt have a scratch on them until I turned them myself. It was like popping a little pee wee on a champagne bottle!
Handles better than my SV too. Biggest improvement came from pumping up the front tyre!
Cheers