Metzeller Sportec M3s
I've just added another 1500ks of twisties to the M3 and it is still showing signs of long lasting life.
Now over 10k and going great.
My mate with the K1200S has a Sportec Z6 on his and is getting similar wear and grip.
These new batch of Metzellers are terrific.
Rgds BUSGO

"TAKE MY ADVICE"
I'm not using it anyway!<i>Edited by: BUSGO at: 3/12/06 7:46
</i>
10K and still going is very good, not too much canvas showing I hope. My HPX now has a mushroom fitted and on that alone I may soon upgrade to an M3. <i></i>
Quote:it sort of looks like they may not get right over

Yes they bloody do
2000ks so far very good feed back last couple of
rides pushed hard most of the time
High speed stability on big sweepers
triple ton rated no worries lol

shane <i></i>
Has anyone ridden two up with these tyres. I am wondering what sort of milage you would get with the extra weight. I had a set of BT14 which only got 3-4k out of two up and I don,t want to go down that track again. Now using BT14 front with a BT20 rear and have 7k and still going stong. Cheers Taub<i></i>
Good question Mark.
I don't ride two up very often, in fact not at all since I fitted the M3s.
Garbo (Mark and Linda) often do ride two up and he is still on his first m3 as well. Probably has about 6k on it and still no wear markers.
Rgds BUSGO

"TAKE MY ADVICE"
I'm not using it anyway!<i></i>
G'day Taub, Linda and Meself did the snowy run two up and I was v happy with the wear. I almost replaced it b4 the ride to b safe but when we got back it was still fine [not even a flat spot] In fact it still has away to go b4 rooted. I can really recomend them as long as you don't lay blackies out of every corner. I have too many reasons to keep the wheels pointing down!! GARBO <i></i>
My front M3 gave out on me on the way to Jindy.
It looked fine when I left home and then the next morning but on our way out on Bell's Line of Road to Lithgow it started dropping in real sharp to right handers.
When I stopped to have a look the tread on the right side of the tyre was nearly all gone but the crown and left side were still fine.
I got a new one at Action Canberra thanks in part to Heidi.

The guys in the workshop had the tyre ready and the bike was ready to roll in 15 minutes.
I can't complain though, the first one did go nearly 12k on the front.
Rgds BUSGO

"TAKE MY ADVICE"
I'm not using it anyway!<i>Edited by: BUSGO at: 28/2/07 21:54
</i>
Hey Ray my front pilot power went the same on the way home but got atleast 10k & the last couple were flat out .

The M3 rear on the other hand 3k general ridding with a bit of top speed stuff up home & it looked like it would have done jindy easy but i was wrong.
this is what we found monday morning before heading home.
plans were changed & we got to tamworth & had a new set of Dunlop Qualifiers fitted for the trip home.
<i></i>
g/day ray i have found in the past when riding high ks
on high camber roads you will nearly always wear the right side more.

mark <i></i>
Yeah I agree Gaz,
I might try riding on the opposite side of the road in the lonely stretches for a while...

Rgds BUSGO

"TAKE MY ADVICE"
I'm not using it anyway!<i></i>