Diablo Corsa
I've had Bridgestone's, Michelin's & Pirelli's front & rear on my busa over the years.......the Pirelli Diablo CORSA get's the nod

I've mixed brands F& R too without any problems.

If you lose the front on a busa, all things being equal, you're going too hard, so tyre choice becomes irrelevant......

Why Pirelli ? best grip of all & I liked reminding myself about that cranked way over whistling through Panorama all those years ago

<i></i>
How the f*** u guys get 10000 k's out of the rear???????????? Cheers,
Kawasuki<i></i>
Easy Kawa,
a. ride on the road and not on the track(drag or circuit)
b. only weigh 77kg
c. don't do burnouts
d. check pressure once a month
e. stay away from concrete roads wherever possible.
f. don't buy super soft tyres
and finally g. use the slipper clutch and engine braking before arriving at the apex and not the anchors.

If I didn't have to ride for an hour to get to the Buladelah MTN or Putty Rd, I would probably get a lot more than 10,000.

Rgds BUSGO

"TAKE MY ADVICE"
I'm not using it anyway!<i></i>
mine only last about 6 ~ maybe 7 if I push it!!

a. ride on the road and not on the track(drag or circuit) - Yep
b. only weigh 77kg - ok more like 100kg
c. don't do burnouts - yep
d. check pressure once a month - yep
e. stay away from concrete roads wherever possible. - ??? WTF?
f. don't buy super soft tyres - well I get the model just before that super soft
and finally g. use the slipper clutch and engine braking before arriving at the apex and not the anchors. - yep

ok so everything I said yep to I agree with & follow... could it be I am just putting on power early & a little more of it on take off & powering out of apex's??

If thats the case then its just how I ride I guess and an extra 30kg
"Busa riders always count in three's.... 100, 200, 300"

<i></i>
what about road temp ? <i></i>
As a rule, I won't venture out the driveway before checking the road temperature.

This is particularly good advice if dressed for a jock strap and sandshoe patrol. Cold bitumen gives me chilblaines. <i></i>
Quote:e. stay away from concrete roads wherever possible. - ??? WTF?

The concrete road surface and the silicon in tyres do not go well together..
Try this, go for a ride on a good bitumen surface, find a slow moving vehicle (anything below 110 should be ok).
Give it a squirt to overtake and sprint past, then pull over and check your rear tread. It should look ok.

Then find a concrete surface road and do the same exercise.
I reckon that you will find that the tyre surface is all torn up and shards of rubber will be peeling off.

That is what concrete does to silicon tyres.

Another good reason to avoid motorways whenever possible....

Rgds BUSGO

"TAKE MY ADVICE"
So, if you dont ride in the rain, or the sun, and your feel the temp of the road and its cozy without a concrete road, corner, car or round about in site (that counts out ACT) and the coffee shops selling lattes is closed, can we go for a ride ?

Without going into detail of brands, size and bike, I once bought a rear tyre, thought it was too hard, took to long to warm up and let go easy.. I had it on for about 800kms.. took it off.. put my $350 under the house with a collection of other bits.. bought another tyre.. loved it.. When that tyre wore out, I pulled out the tyre from under the house, hit the road, litteraly... put the bike on its side when the tyre let go on a round about.. If I wasnt happy with the tyre I would pretend i never spent money on it and get something else instead..
<i>Edited by: AzaVic at: 4/1/07 1:37
</i>
geez WTF am I doing wrong then 10 000klm I have done as of tonite 12000klm on my K6 and I have gone thru one rear already(4000klm) and up for a second now and the original front is now looking very sad.

Done 2 burnouts one of which was a rolling on the second rear (last week).

Mainly I do alot of suburban work with it and the odd country run so prefer something sticky to keep me on the road especially seeing I am the only Busa that participates in these rides and I do my best to show up the gsx1000 and other "lesser" bikes.

the recommendation for the metzler M3 are they a good "sticky" compound ?? <i></i>
If u wanrt a sreet sticky,try the Bridgestone 002 Race (STREET). its a harder compound then the track 002 Pro. I have done 3 track days and a fair bit of straight line riding and still looks like another 1000k left in it. Cheers,
Kawasuki<i></i>
Sabre, the Metzelers are very sticky and last well.
Rgds BUSGO

"TAKE MY ADVICE"
all I can say I love my corsa!!!

grip level is unreal - THE END!

(To the point I am able to crack the throttle heaps more early, they dont rip up like the "bridged-stone" lol & I just seem to be able to tip in easy with them as well ;)

Wore out the BT014 on the front now as its hit the markers so next week - new corsa front ;)

w00t & thanks gdy & rev ;)

TEH END! "Busa riders always count in three's.... 100, 200, 300"

<i></i>
I am getting Metzlers next week, M3 front and a ROADTEC Z6 rear ............ can't wait Cheers Taub<i></i>
ok I am going to go with BUSGO's recomendaytion and see how things go.
Bike is going in tomozz for new front and rear aswell as 12000klm service <i></i>
ok - back from Jindy & the corsa is pretty much dead but looking at when I put on the tyre - 45,800km - my clock now back from Jindy reads 51,360 - so about 6k out of them - mainly the middle is gone - so next up is the corsa 3 "Busa riders always count in three's.... 100, 200, 300"

<i></i>