Near misses and crashes - What's you're story?
(21-01-2013, 05:41pm)pan Wrote: Thought I'd mention this, before bloody Loafie does!

Picture tells 1000 words...

[Image: Panstuck3.jpg]

Thats just saving the side stand Very Happy
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
were you getting the ground ready for the next potato crop Pan ??
amazing how it just stuck staying up like that too.
(21-01-2013, 08:35pm)DjPete Wrote: amazing how it just stuck staying up like that too.

How I didn't bin it! THAT'S amazing! It had been raining and was squishy...
I had a crash on 20 November last year in Perth, in a 100kmh zone left lane doing 60-70kmh in heavy traffic was looking in mirror and then over right shoulder to go into the right lane when car in front stopped! I grabbed a big handful of brake and did a skidding stoppie and went down heavy on left side of head and shoulder. broke 3 x ribs in back under my shoulderblade and dislocated right shoulder from the tumble down the road also took off a bit of bark on my right hand. Luckily no one ran over me. I also had all my gear on except gloves??? Was in hospital 6 days and bike was written off due to too much custom stuff, pipes paint rearsets etc, the payout was prompt but would never have replaced the bike with the custom stuff. I will be buying new later this year. My first ride on the road since was on this past Sunday on an SL230 honda from Coolgardie to Kalgoorlie 40ks to go for a ride out bush with family and friends, accidents really f-ck up your confidence, I still have a 900ss Ducati at home and am waiting for a nice cool day to go for a ride (air cooled donks dont like our stinkin hot days) This was the second time I have crashed on a road bike the last time I was 18 years old on a Honda CB360 and was pissed as a parrot and now this one and Iam 48, 49 in March so 30plus years between is not too bad its just you dont bounce back when you are older and I dread to think what would have happened if the missus was on the back as she frequently is! certainly makes you think about things (family, friends, grandkids, kids, priorities, responsibilities, people who love and rely on you!) We will have a new bike for the Hayabusa aniversary run in WA in November and it will have ABS, it saves lives. Bartman and Gloria
(21-01-2013, 05:41pm)pan Wrote: Thought I'd mention this, before bloody Loafie does!

Those Japanese are so sneaky?
I always thought they built their bikes!
Dam genetic engineering..

2009 Super Duke
2011 Aprilia RS 125
Honda Lead ScooterBiker
(22-01-2013, 10:56am)DAD Wrote:

Those Japanese are so sneaky?
I always thought they built their bikes!
Dam genetic engineering..

is that the new supercorn?? g®oes really fast and blackbirds can't touch it?
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
T-Boned drunk driver who went through a red light.

.jpg   Busas Dent#1.JPG (Size: 25.42 KB / Downloads: 53) Some people never did like these pictures.

I'll keep working on it, sooner or later I'll score the extra 10 % Wtf
Bad one Gruntmax and we can only try to appreciate what you are going through and your anger
36 years of riding and only one stack on the road (touchwood). Car cut me off on the roundabout at Belgrave (near Puffing Billy). I was on a 'Parts and Pieces' (sorry Pitstop) SR250 and decided to kick the bastards tail light in. The weight of my Axo-shod foot swinging out, coupled with lean, light bike and fine-gravel-on-bitumen surface saw me land flat on my arse! No pain, just wounded pride.

But off-road I had more stacks and smashed more body parts than I care to remember. Despite them continually reminding me!
I had a full on both wheel lock up
Back wheel swingin side to side waow
For a while this arvo in heavy-melb bumper T bumper
Traffic Gap - !!! Cops bustin someone-
Full on

G im glad ive got braided lines front & rear
Pirrelli rosso tyres-now with a flat spot
& galfer wave disco's on da front

No sweat - but im glad i dont have

A B S
Last year, when I still had the gen1, I was riding down to Nowra with my daughter on the back. As I was layed over in a righthand bend, enjoying the ocean view on my left, the front end suddenly let go. I had her full lock sideways, holding on to the seat with my bumhole. It took a couple of seconds to realise that I was covered in diesel and the 4x4 ute in front was spraying the shit everywhere. I pulled the guy over further up the road and pointed out he had a jerry can in the back, laying on it's side, with no lid. The guy started to get smart until he worked out he was about to be knocked out for his trouble. He was then quite appologetic and found some rags in his toolbox for me to clean myself and the bike down with. I still don't know how I didn't throw it away ..
Skill & ur will to live it dale.
Cu at greenyville in south australia mate