Rapid Bike Mag
(20-11-2012, 02:36pm)simmo Wrote: Make sure you done miss the next Issue of Rapid Bike Mag
You might see someone you know Fatman
Ghastly Ghastly

Uh ohhhhh.....what's he been up to this time?!? Pi_freak Idiot2 Lol3
I bought the magazine a few days ago and it confirms what i have been thinking all along.that these 2 bikes are so close performancewise that it all comes down to the rider.
In the magazine test the mighty hayabusa actually beat the new zx14r in the 1/4 mile, same day ,same rider. now i know that most of these comparos have gone the other way,but having only 15hp advantage and weighing 10 kg more it was always going to be very close.the new zx had more midrange though as would be expected,having a bigger motor but hayabusa got the nod on the twisty staff too.Went to see one of them at my local kawasaki dealer (out of curiosity)some time ago and regardless of all the niceties of traction control and abs braking i would not swap my bike for it even if i did not have to pay anything for the tradeoff.By the way the dealer seemed to concur and is riding a gsxr 1000 himselfLol3
And the looks just did not strike the cord either.
Yep I bought the mag too & it was very interesting reading Read
The writer actually gave the nod to the Busa over ZX14 - Just Coolsmiley
[Image: HayabusaSmall.jpg]
Not bad for a Busa that was designed in '05/'06... Still at the top of the table almost 10 years later...
Wouldn't it be nice if for a 3rd gen, Suzuki just gave us 275hp, dropped 40Kg and gave us traction control?

That'd be a keeper, something proportionate to the current superbikes!

What about some of us that flash our ecu,s then put aftermarket performance exhausts on our bikes, adjust the suspension for a better ride, the difference between the two bikes performance gets smaller. To date I have only seen the new zx14's getting around in stock form.
(05-12-2012, 07:46am)jamdonut Wrote: What about some of us that flash our ecu,s then put aftermarket performance exhausts on our bikes, adjust the suspension for a better ride, the difference between the two bikes performance gets smaller. To date I have only seen the new zx14's getting around in stock form.

Some of us have already made ours into Gen 3 1441 Very Happy
Kawasaki built quality is not the best just look at some of the welds and you will know what I mean.
2009 Super Duke
2011 Aprilia RS 125
Honda Lead ScooterBiker
(12-12-2012, 02:07pm)DAD Wrote: Kawasaki built quality is not the best just look at some of the welds and you will know what I mean.

I've heard the same thing over & over about gsxr 1000s, there's not many modern bikes that are shit any more.
I used to own a gixxer thou and it was really good?

2009 Super Duke
2011 Aprilia RS 125
Honda Lead ScooterBiker
Me too, great bike!
[Image: GSX_R_02_by_Sutur.jpg]