Cheap project bike???
(24-01-2012, 05:52pm)Troopmaster Wrote: Howdy Tony.....if you hadnt worked it out, Im BWIAN from the ASF Forum. Very Happy

... and now you've got me on Ebay and Bikepoint
checking up on EF prices.... Dhooo!!!

Talking of cheap projects......
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1996-HONDA-CB...otorcycles&hash=item2c6272997f#ht_3072wt_1189
(24-01-2012, 08:28pm)Tony Nitrous Wrote:
(24-01-2012, 05:52pm)Troopmaster Wrote: Howdy Tony.....if you hadnt worked it out, Im BWIAN from the ASF Forum. Very Happy

... and now you've got me on Ebay and Bikepoint
checking up on EF prices.... Dhooo!!!

Talking of cheap projects......
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1996-HONDA-CB...otorcycles&hash=item2c6272997f#ht_3072wt_1189

Thanks for that, just forwarded that link to a mate of mine, purley to proove you cant polish a turd.....but you can get a bit of a lustre up on one! Lol2
(24-01-2012, 07:16am)Troopmaster Wrote: For me its the "EF" Suzuki, yep, Im Old Skool!!

Cheap enough, you can still find runners which are under $3K, Engines are Strong and are accepting to Extreem Engine Modifications, and they look as Tuff as F#$K!!

Mate that is one sweet n tuff lookin EF Smitten ,nice work Pi_thumbsup
Just out of left field, I have always been interested in something along the lines of a middle-weight, that I can just use for fanging around to the shops or on errands where parking is made easier and it's also cheap on fuel. Something slightly unusual that was well built. I like to do up a Honda Bros 400 or the 650 V twin, which from all accounts, would make an excellent "cafe-racer" type fun bike and being a twin, single sided swing-arm, great reliability + it's lighter and easier on the wallet, gas and rubber. Second alternative would be a Bonneville or a trident T160, but these are always going to be labour/maintentance intensive.
OK...so...I'm sick of not seeing it - what the hell is so special about the f**king katana?!
The Busa of its day.
[quote='sutur' pid='259786' dateline='1327474541']
OK...so...I'm sick of not seeing it - what the hell is so special about the f**king katana?!
[/qobliviously you were not around in the early 80s to expirience a different style of bike they were like the busa something different at a reasonable price for outstanding performance and handeling
Back in 1983 when I was working in Victoria Barracks, Sth Melbourne, I rode a spanking RD400 Yamaha and parked at work next to a guy's Katana 750 (SILVER). We both admired each other's bikes. I reckoned his was awesome for its radical style and power and he loved mine for its nimbleness and power!
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
(25-01-2012, 09:01pm)crumpy Wrote: obliviously you were not around in the early 80s

I was !

[Image: iwas.jpg]
(26-01-2012, 07:12am)Tony Nitrous Wrote:
(25-01-2012, 09:01pm)crumpy Wrote: obliviously you were not around in the early 80s

I was !

[Image: iwas.jpg]

Tony, whats the go with the Rear Guard, is it K,K,Kawasaki? Very Happy
Yeah, sorry!

Frame and seat were both shortend,
tail was a cut up genuine early Z900 part.

I like the shorter look.
My 1100ET has been done the same.

(and the Busa's starting to look worried!)

[quote='Tony Nitrous' pid='259837' dateline='1327547815']
Yeah, sorry!

Frame and seat were both shortend,
tail was a cut up genuine early Z900 part.

I like the shorter look.
My 1100ET has been done the same.

(and the Busa's starting to look worried

looks great the rear really suits the bike
(24-01-2012, 07:16am)Troopmaster Wrote: For me its the "EF" Suzuki, yep, Im Old Skool!!

Cheap enough, you can still find runners which are under $3K, Engines are Strong and are accepting to Extreem Engine Modifications, and they look as Tuff as F#$K!!

That's tuff as fcuk! Absolutely love the look. Old skool...
Beau, have a look at the cover of the current
Streetfighter mag.

EF with a turbo, USD front, ET headlight etc.
Looks mean as hell !!!

[Image: 214qu.jpg]
Lovin these ideas fellas. Some real neat bikes