QLDers Be aware
I think as usuall the gov. will use most of the charity $$ to fix all there farkups first then bull shit to the media of there sob story while the needy goes without. It will go like the $1000 handout that jooolia gave away (all round the world)
All the Governments suck! All they do is try and dream up new ways of ripping us off.
Just like the carbon tax, Just think its the first time in history that people have to pay for the air they breath.
Im sure in the future this will be known as one of the greatest scams ever.
Also the QLD Government has its (Donate to the Premier's Disaster Relief Appeal - Queensland Government) and I just wonder if the QLD government will TAX this money before it sees the light of day? Knuppel2
2009 Super Duke
2011 Aprilia RS 125
Honda Lead ScooterBiker
(01-04-2011, 09:55am)Pommie Wrote:
(01-04-2011, 06:30am)1300hayabusa Wrote: Let me see if im getting this right:

First: Whinging has already started cause the rego went up by $8.35 towards the flood disaster/building your own stateIdiot2Idiot2Idiot2

Second: Is it not another fact that the people who have been affected by the floods where not charged this price hike but charged the ones who haven't and maybe just maybe can afford a little more than the ones who have ??????

Third: Will the $8.35 increase ruin your life style or bankrupt you??????(i don't think so)

Mind you the writing was on the wall as to where the money was/is going to come from as was the local governments notice of the price hike which leaves me confused as to why people are surprised!!!
West Germans had to pay through their taxes to reunify,build and maintain East Germany when the iron curtain came down ,i cant imagine what would some say/do if that had to happen here or if you had to bail out the whole of GreecePi_freakPi_freakPi_freak

My objection to this tax is not the $8.35 but the way it's applied. To apply it only when rego'ing your veh for 6 months is possibly going to affect the people who cant afford to pay 12 mths, if you elect to pay 12 mths you dont pay the tax, plus if you dont have a veh then again you dont pay the tax. If you are going to apply a levy for such things then would it not be a fairer way to do it through your income tax, or something along those lines. Then everyone contributes. I also find it objectionable when after contributing to the Premiers Disaster Appeal that the money still hasnt been distrubted. There was a news item a week or so ago that highlighted the fact a guy who lost his house, wife two kids, and now left with one child on his own and has had no help at all. Thats what I contributed then for not to pay for pencil necks to sit on their backsides making executive decisions on who is deserving and who isnt. Anna Bligh has more faces than a town hall clock when it comes to dealing with people. All very concerned on the news and teary in the disasters, then working us over behind closed doors when the camera's are off. Now she is selling off state assets there will be a lot more of these little levies I think. The loss of revenue has to be made up from somewhere

I fully agree with you but its no flash news that the gov,any gov for that matter will end up taxing their own people for their blunders,maybe a bit more involvement from the local people and voicing their opinion a little louder might help,sitting on your ass bitching while having a beer will only keep the mouse in the same wheel.Im also convinced that if people here in Qld took some time to read what the gov is doing/going to do than they might have found that it is/was no surprise.
Like everything else here its all reactive,we only bitch when it hits us but not educate ourselves prior with the available info/knowledge.
The british poll tax dilemma is a good example,although the end result was a lower tax and a diff name for it,people in ie:Lewisham(middle-low class) where going to pay(rates)the same amount as the ones in Chelsea(higher class area)result:all hell broke lose. I was there as a young man and it was one of the most memorable moments in my life when i saw the people marching down to Piccadilly Circus and voice,react,riot to policies that hurt them,where unfair and they did not want.I don't think that it will ever happen as the political spine needed to let the gov know what you're not happy with is non existent in Aus.IMO this came round due to the lack of international understanding of world politics,the fact that leaders here kept people in the dark for decades did not help and resulted in what we have today...........politicians taking the piss out of us cause they know they can.........and will.The "she'l be right" or the "laid back" bullshit some people tend to spin is long gone back in the 70s,we need to wake up and smell the cappuccino,Gillard,Abott or whoever the clown at the time is,will only be in power if you put them there,so remember that when things start going pear shape the fault is not just the Gov but also goes to the percentage large or small that voted these/those fckuers in!!!!!Time will tell!!!!!!
(04-04-2011, 09:39am)1300hayabusa Wrote:
(01-04-2011, 09:55am)Pommie Wrote:
(01-04-2011, 06:30am)1300hayabusa Wrote: Let me see if im getting this right:

First: Whinging has already started cause the rego went up by $8.35 towards the flood disaster/building your own stateIdiot2Idiot2Idiot2

Second: Is it not another fact that the people who have been affected by the floods where not charged this price hike but charged the ones who haven't and maybe just maybe can afford a little more than the ones who have ??????

Third: Will the $8.35 increase ruin your life style or bankrupt you??????(i don't think so)

Mind you the writing was on the wall as to where the money was/is going to come from as was the local governments notice of the price hike which leaves me confused as to why people are surprised!!!
West Germans had to pay through their taxes to reunify,build and maintain East Germany when the iron curtain came down ,i cant imagine what would some say/do if that had to happen here or if you had to bail out the whole of GreecePi_freakPi_freakPi_freak

My objection to this tax is not the $8.35 but the way it's applied. To apply it only when rego'ing your veh for 6 months is possibly going to affect the people who cant afford to pay 12 mths, if you elect to pay 12 mths you dont pay the tax, plus if you dont have a veh then again you dont pay the tax. If you are going to apply a levy for such things then would it not be a fairer way to do it through your income tax, or something along those lines. Then everyone contributes. I also find it objectionable when after contributing to the Premiers Disaster Appeal that the money still hasnt been distrubted. There was a news item a week or so ago that highlighted the fact a guy who lost his house, wife two kids, and now left with one child on his own and has had no help at all. Thats what I contributed then for not to pay for pencil necks to sit on their backsides making executive decisions on who is deserving and who isnt. Anna Bligh has more faces than a town hall clock when it comes to dealing with people. All very concerned on the news and teary in the disasters, then working us over behind closed doors when the camera's are off. Now she is selling off state assets there will be a lot more of these little levies I think. The loss of revenue has to be made up from somewhere

I fully agree with you but its no flash news that the gov,any gov for that matter will end up taxing their own people for their blunders,maybe a bit more involvement from the local people and voicing their opinion a little louder might help,sitting on your ass bitching while having a beer will only keep the mouse in the same wheel.Im also convinced that if people here in Qld took some time to read what the gov is doing/going to do than they might have found that it is/was no surprise.
Like everything else here its all reactive,we only bitch when it hits us but not educate ourselves prior with the available info/knowledge.
The british poll tax dilemma is a good example,although the end result was a lower tax and a diff name for it,people in ie:Lewisham(middle-low class) where going to pay(rates)the same amount as the ones in Chelsea(higher class area)result:all hell broke lose. I was there as a young man and it was one of the most memorable moments in my life when i saw the people marching down to Piccadilly Circus and voice,react,riot to policies that hurt them,where unfair and they did not want.I don't think that it will ever happen as the political spine needed to let the gov know what you're not happy with is non existent in Aus.IMO this came round due to the lack of international understanding of world politics,the fact that leaders here kept people in the dark for decades did not help and resulted in what we have today...........politicians taking the piss out of us cause they know they can.........and will.The "she'l be right" or the "laid back" bullshit some people tend to spin is long gone back in the 70s,we need to wake up and smell the cappuccino,Gillard,Abott or whoever the clown at the time is,will only be in power if you put them there,so remember that when things start going pear shape the fault is not just the Gov but also goes to the percentage large or small that voted these/those fckuers in!!!!!Time will tell!!!!!!

I totally agree, I remeber the "Poll Tax" demos well. Apathy is is rife here unfortunately when it comes to demanding change, and pollies know this so they just steamroller through whatever policies they like
This thread is no longer Bike related so moved to appropriate section
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com