Fortune to insure your bike :- Todays Telegraph
(21-06-2010, 10:38pm)BabyBusa Wrote: The question is........what are we going to do about it.

CTP is a rip off. I am happy to pay it if the price is fair. What is a fair price for CTP. I say it is $100. The amount that has been collected in premiums over the life of the scheme vs the amount paid out is disproportionate.

Another area that needs to be taken into account is the conditions that a motorcyclist needs to satisfy in order to claim. It's third party insurance so a motorcylist needs to, in an accident, insure a car driver, a truck driver, or another motorcyclist. How many accidents have you ever heard of where the car driver gets airlifted out while the motorcyclist walks away. Not very many I betcha!!!

I think it is time for the 540,000 motorcyclists of this state to stand up and be counted. We need to get our collective asses down to Macquarie St ASAP, with a petition for legislation to lock CTP insurance premiums at $100, and RTA registrations at $100 while we are at it.

I'm keen to make something happen, but I'll need some help. Main help is in contacting other bike groups, you want the scooter set, and the harley boys in on this one, we all ride. What would it take to put 100,000 bikes into Macquarie St Yes

Well put Kathy and your 150% right on the prices as well. Ever since Labor dumped GIO off the CTP system up went the prices for no reason oxygen thieves.Just like the 2 taxes on top of the CTP costs MCIS Levy & GST on #*%king Insurance. Throw these pricks out & disband the RTA I say.Knuppel2

Attached Files
.jpg   _thb_The%20Hunt%20Begins.jpg (Size: 3.68 KB / Downloads: 142)
'The more professional you are, the closer you get to your client' Leon.

(21-06-2010, 10:38pm)BabyBusa Wrote: The question is........what are we going to do about it.

CTP is a rip off. I am happy to pay it if the price is fair. What is a fair price for CTP. I say it is $100. The amount that has been collected in premiums over the life of the scheme vs the amount paid out is disproportionate.

Another area that needs to be taken into account is the conditions that a motorcyclist needs to satisfy in order to claim. It's third party insurance so a motorcylist needs to, in an accident, insure a car driver, a truck driver, or another motorcyclist. How many accidents have you ever heard of where the car driver gets airlifted out while the motorcyclist walks away. Not very many I betcha!!!

I think it is time for the 540,000 motorcyclists of this state to stand up and be counted. We need to get our collective asses down to Macquarie St ASAP, with a petition for legislation to lock CTP insurance premiums at $100, and RTA registrations at $100 while we are at it.

I'm keen to make something happen, but I'll need some help. Main help is in contacting other bike groups, you want the scooter set, and the harley boys in on this one, we all ride. What would it take to put 100,000 bikes into Macquarie St Yes

ClapClapClap You could have not put it any better!!!!!!
The problem as always is to many wingeing people and not enough action.....whats the go with the Kojak....koche morning puke show thingo??????
You really want to get their attention?
Dont march on parliment. Cause a blockade.
Get groups of riders at Campbelltown, Penrith, Karriong and where ever the m7/m2 starts. Start the ride at 7am and have riders use up every lane of the freeways and ride at 30kph heading towards the city. This will cause the biggest traffic jam Sydney has ever seen. When they finally arrive in the city explain that this is what travel times will be like once all riders dump their bikes in favour of driving cars. Do it every week until the government back flips.
I've said it a few times before but I'm still in favour of a coup. Governments may appear to change but in reality thy never do untill there's a proper clean out done.
Regards

Dan
I'm in!!!!!

Tell me where and when and i'll be there with 50 or so mates that ride
Regards,

John

2fast4u
(22-06-2010, 07:17am)#CAS# Wrote: You really want to get their attention?
Get groups of riders at Campbelltown, Penrith, Karriong and where ever the m7/m2 starts. Start the ride at 7am and have riders use up every lane of the freeways and ride at 30kph heading towards the city. This will cause the biggest traffic jam Sydney has ever seen. When they finally arrive in the city explain that this is what travel times will be like once all riders dump their bikes in favour of driving cars. Do it every week until the government back flips.

I am in to "Flip the Flips"

Can we still stop by at Martin Place and have a coffee with Koshy on the other issue.....You know...."Kill two birds with one stone"....Trophy Yes
" Live the Vision "
Quote "When was the last time You did something for the First Time"
(22-06-2010, 07:17am)#CAS# Wrote: You really want to get their attention?

Dave I commute nearly a 100k in Sydney peak hour every day. If bikes took to the freeway blocked every lane and rode at 30kph we would all smash into the cars in front of us. All of the expressways in and around Sydney average less than that speed in peak hour.Pi_tongue
WTF is the justification for this increase..? Its just going up because they can?

I'm down for a blockade in sydney / motorway wherever. Maybe a multi-faceted approach to cut off every major arterial road in each NSW city. Get it out across forums, facebook, flyer drops whatever..

Otherwise we'll just have to assume the position and take it..
(26-06-2010, 10:56am)daaef Wrote: WTF is the justification for this increase..? Its just going up because they can?

I'm down for a blockade in sydney / motorway wherever. Maybe a multi-faceted approach to cut off every major arterial road in each NSW city. Get it out across forums, facebook, flyer drops whatever..

Otherwise we'll just have to assume the position and take it..

If you make it a linching ,You'll get thousand.s .I'd even make the trip .

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
ok well this is exactly what we do need guys , rolling up on parlament house like a bunch of angry bike riders were going to just look stupid . its time to think smart not act foolish,

there are plans in place and there will be action you all just need to watch the MCC thread and read it from time to time to see whats happening
I can bring a few blokes along for this blockade in Sydney if someone wants to organise it among any and all biking groups and set a date.
Here's some viewing...

http://youtu.be/PL9v193n8Q8

Let's get behind this guys Trophy

Knuppel2
Regards,

John

2fast4u
Hey everybody.

Thanks for the positive feedback. I admire the fighting spirit, keep it up. I however think we will do more harm than good with a blockade. All that will happen is we will piss off 2 million car drivers, all of whom vote. The government will want to keep 2 million voters rather than 500,000. We need the rest of the motoring public on our side, even with some scare tactics telling the car drivers they are next (they probably are)

We need as many AHC members behind this as possible. There is a rally coming, date looks to be 31st August
Kathy
Rear half of 2000 Red/Grey Busa Smitten
Rear half of 2010 Red BMW K1300 GT Smitten
(30-06-2010, 08:49pm)BabyBusa Wrote: We need as many AHC members behind this as possible. There is a rally coming, date looks to be 31st August

Sweet, i'll have my licence back then Clap
Regards,

John

2fast4u
Kathy the problem is that this has started, the changes happen from this morning. They will go through without anyone doing sweet F all about it. Then they will do it to trucks, then light commercial's then cars. Then when the other states see how we coped it in the A without putting up anything but a few nasty emails, they will follow.

I like the thankless job you guys do at the MCC, but I reckon you guys are going about it the wrong way, polite letters will get sweet F all. I sent polite letters to stop me paying tolls, just like the MCC suggested, yet I still get a bill each month.

The time for politeness has ended, it is now time for war. f*** the polititions, f*** the car drivers, and if I see that dick from the pedestrian council I will mount the footpath and mow him down.