sore ass.
Just wondered if you wear full leather suit or not?
As with leather pants its heaps better and it took a bit of convincing a mate of mine but now he has seen the light but jeans will give you a sore butt.
Also instead of a gel seat just get a pair of push bike shorts with the padding no more butt sores and heaps cheaper.
2009 Super Duke
2011 Aprilia RS 125
Honda Lead ScooterBiker
(07-12-2009, 09:16am)skin Wrote: Having got my new gen2 couldnt wait to take it to benalla to show it off to some mates,couldnt get any further than yarra glen my ass was killing me,and stoped every 30/45min onwards,now ive been riding for many years and never been so sore,have been looking at these gel seats and would like to know if anybody has one and are they worth buying?or is there another alternitive.
thanks
Adrian.

Hey Adrian, you may need to open a can of HTFU. Take the busa back to where you bought it from, then go an buy a BMW or Honda Gold Wing and join the latte club. They are built for comfort.

We ride the fastest bike on the road, so we do make a number of compromises, comfort being one of them. Of course, we do get gel seats, heli-bars, Zero Gravity screens, heated bars, Airhawks and sheepskin seat covers to "ease" our burden a little. CoolsmileyBikerCoolsmiley

Max
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
Hey hey hey now max, just 2 days ago I had a kx10 owner telling me my hayabusa is an armchair.
He also told me his kx10 can take my busa on the track though.

I thought it was best to leave him in his world!

Im gonna attempt to use a sheepskin for my trip from darwin to vic and back over chrissy, let you know after that how my butt is, jeans and all!
Peregrine Falcon - Capable of slicing winds at over 300km/h
Hayabusa - Capable of carrying my arse to over 300km/h
(08-12-2009, 05:04pm)Slade Wrote: Hey hey hey now max, just 2 days ago I had a kx10 owner telling me my hayabusa is an armchair.

Im gonna attempt to use a sheepskin for my trip from darwin to vic and back over chrissy, let you know after that how my butt is, jeans and all!

For those extra long hikes try a pair of skins/bicycle riding shorts under your jeans. Pretty sure Bruce used a pair on his lap, they beat the friction on your skin.

That is going to be a great trip! Good luck and safe riding.

Max - envious, would love to do a trip like that! as long as the frame on my Busa didn't break!!!Lol3CoolsmileyLol3
(08-12-2009, 05:04pm)Slade Wrote: Hey hey hey now max, just 2 days ago I had a kx10 owner telling me my hayabusa is an armchair.

The ZX10 is an armchair conpared to a 916 or 1098 Duck! It's all a matter of degree isn't it!

I remember suffering while riding Canberra to Sudney on my then GSXR11 to test ride a 916 Ducati. After riding the Duck for 20 minutes my GSXR11 turned into an armchair lol!
(07-12-2009, 06:32pm)Heidi1 Wrote: I love my sheepskin cover. I did a lap with just that and was fine (although some of the less kind may suggest I already have padding in that area). Big kev just did me a new one and the price was comparable to 09Syd, but MUCH better build quality.

"The Woman" and I have travelled 1000nd's of K's with nothing but a sheep skin over the seat on top of the covers "The Woman" made! Works a treat!!!!!!! Pi_thumbsup
Woman,where's my wallet?
And whats for tea?
(08-12-2009, 04:57pm)Madmax Wrote:
(07-12-2009, 09:16am)skin Wrote: Having got my new gen2 couldnt wait to take it to benalla to show it off to some mates,couldnt get any further than yarra glen my ass was killing me,and stoped every 30/45min onwards,now ive been riding for many years and never been so sore,have been looking at these gel seats and would like to know if anybody has one and are they worth buying?or is there another alternitive.
thanks
Adrian.

Hey Adrian, you may need to open a can of HTFU. Take the busa back to where you bought it from, then go an buy a BMW or Honda Gold Wing and join the latte club. They are built for comfort.

We ride the fastest bike on the road, so we do make a number of compromises, comfort being one of them. Of course, we do get gel seats, heli-bars, Zero Gravity screens, heated bars, Airhawks and sheepskin seat covers to "ease" our burden a little. CoolsmileyBikerCoolsmiley

Max

Thank you for your wisdom max,I will take it on board,I was only looking for advice on an alternative.
(08-12-2009, 08:00pm)skin Wrote:
(08-12-2009, 04:57pm)Madmax Wrote:
thanks
Adrian.

Thank you for your wisdom max,I will take it on board,I was only looking for advice on an alternative.

Lol3CoolsmileyLol3, please accept that I'm taking the piss mate. This is a joke aimed at your delicate derriere.Lol3Lol3Lol3

Max
Just travelled 2500k's on the anniversary run Yes ith 1 of the days travelling 1000k'sBiker. Did not have any thing on the seat and wore jeans had no issues and found the seat comfortable. I also had a ZZR1100 and find the busa way more comfortable on the ass. But its up to the individual the son in law rode his DUC on the run with just a sheep skin Showback and now thers an uncomfortable seat.
Over the years my arse has taken a pounding. Hang on, scratch that, never mind, ahhh seats fine.
(07-12-2009, 04:24pm)VNSVLE Wrote: I have the gel seat and love it. Compared tot he standard seat I have found it to be alot better. I must admit when you first sit on it it does feel like a plank of wood but that is only for the first couple of km's (in my case anyway) then it moulds to you and is great. I am not saying it is the best option out there but it an improvement over standard. It just depends on personal preference i suppose. If you know of people with different styles of seats/covers ask if you can take them for a ride and make up your own mind.
Let us know what you decide
Happy riding :)

Wont your ass feels hot after prolong riding?
Other than my stock gen 1 seat,rewrapped with the best local material available still makes my ass sores.I hate and totally understand the geeling and pain.After i bought a Tobin seat i never looked back
(08-12-2009, 11:58pm)Huls Wrote: Over the years my arse has taken a pounding. Hang on, scratch that, never mind, ahhh seats fine.

Whatever you do in your own time is your business....if we wanted to know about it, we'd just check out your website.CoolsmileyLol2
Took my seat to a boat upholsterer got styled a liittle like a corbin seat were the front goes up the tank a little.
and they put layers of different rubber on and none slip material never had a saw arse since. Tyey charged me $265.
I did over 9000k's in three weeks when I went to WSBK with standard seat with no problems except when I did 1100k's on first day which was a bit optimistic, the return from PI was with old girl on the back and she had no problems either. If you reckon Busa seat is uncomfortable then try going distance on a Firestorm, flat out walking when I get off it even after 100k's. Confused