Thinking of turning my 99 Busa into a track bike...
I know exactly what you mean Pan! It goes back to what all us busa owners say, anything else just ain't a Busa!. I'm with you, a busa track bike would be the icing!!!!!!
Woman,where's my wallet?
And whats for tea?
Busa track bike is a dumb idea, so its a GREAT thing to do.

The only thing better than beating someone at something,
is doing it when you really shouldn't be able to.

Busa track bike.
Get it set up right and practise, practise, practise.
There are enough Busa riders who show the sportsbike boys up on ride,
be good to see it done on the track.
Ya and having a gsxr 1000 or 600 makes go past you makes the Busa look like shit. If they were a good track bike suzuki would not have made the gsxr1000 ,600 or 750. Busa on the track, waste of time and your money.But if you want to go slow around the track go for it ,go reinvent the wheel its your money.Confused
Busa Track bikeLol3. Ya and fat people race horsesEmbarassed
(26-05-2009, 09:27pm)pan Wrote: Been thinking of it for a while, and though I keep adding bling, I've been thinking of selling off all my bling bling and making it as light as possible for the track.

I like riding it every day and have done so for the last 5 years, but I also love my car (Impreza WRX), so I'm very tempted to "create" a Hayabusa track bike... rather than get a 400 or 600 trackie like many others do...

Anyone made a Busa track bike yet?

How much for the oil leaks, I'm will to pay cash
Think we need to have a stern talk you fella
Busa for the road
& and a heap of something for the track a metro special talk to cass he has the contacts, plus the way you ride it would be a good move no point wrecking the busa at the track, not to many 99 getting around theses days Biker
Hi there,

At the end of the day it is Pans bike. If he wants he can put knobbly tyres on it and go ride the Paris/Dakar with it. Yes Suzuki made the GSXR600-1000 family to go on the track, and many people have brought them.

Remember the same thing applies when it comes to turboing bikes, people dont need a turbo bike, people want a turbo bike. Pan is deciding wether he wants a track Busa.

This world is full of people who are quick to say it cant be done. I say that if you want to then go ahead and do it.
(28-05-2009, 07:50pm)1hotbusa Wrote: Hi there,
At the end of the day it is Pans bike. If he wants he can put knobbly tyres on it and go ride the Paris/Dakar with it. Yes Suzuki made the GSXR600-1000 family to go on the track, and many people have brought them.
Remember the same thing applies when it comes to turboing bikes, people dont need a turbo bike, people want a turbo bike. Pan is deciding wether he whnts a track Busa.
This world is full of people who are quick to say it cant be done. I say that if you want to then go ahead and do it.
Narr He needs an upper cut I'll look after it Knuppel2
Ok Pan heres my bit. and going against the trend. I understand the desire for rather the busa on the track then many others that would even do a better job. and coz your model isnt worth all that much theres a temptation to "throw it around". Yet inspite of its value theyre still a sought after model and getting rarer. So my equation goes like this. If the 99er is the only bike Im to have Id leave as is keep all the bling and make it one unique quality bike, a keeper even for the next 10 yrs. The only time Id consider stripping it for the track is if I were to have another busa and much newer to bling up like a Gen2. then ok to make it a track bike but only with a baby brother 09 alongside in the garage. otherwise for the once or twice a year track horse just get something you wont cry over if it were to slide. that way youd ride it to the max as one likes to do on a track and not worry about any damage.
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
I am with the others busa, not for the track. But for different reasons.
Have had my bus on the the track and while it was good fun and blew the other puka track bikes into the weeds by the time I had done four 15 minute sesions I was absolutley wrung out. have since got myself a smaller thing just for the track, just as much fun (maybe even more fun cause it easier to feel like ridding the wheels of it) but i can do a whole day and still be up to the drive home. Would love to have a bus for the track but it just such hard work.

Tom
they,re too long and weigh too much no matter what you throw at them,there fun until you try and push them,momentum kicks in and the tyres give up.there fun for about 4 sessions then you get the sense of impending doom and you go home.On a lighter bike there is far greater scope to improve.1 min 44 ish is about as fast as they,ll go for only few laps,the sportsbikes will do faster than that all day long.there fun for half a day.
(28-05-2009, 06:22pm)jamieBezzina Wrote: Ya and having a gsxr 1000 or 600 makes go past you makes the Busa look like shit. If they were a good track bike suzuki would not have made the gsxr1000 ,600 or 750. Busa on the track, waste of time and your money.But if you want to go slow around the track go for it ,go reinvent the wheel its your money.Confused

Waste of time and money? I think a few of you are missing the point I do track days...

It's about fun, not about winning Coolsmiley
(28-05-2009, 10:47pm)spamanglenn Wrote: .1 min 44 ish is about as fast as they,ll go

...maybe with you riding it... Boobies4
(28-05-2009, 10:47pm)spamanglenn Wrote: they,re too long and weigh too much no matter what you throw at them,there fun until you try and push them,momentum kicks in and the tyres give up.there fun for about 4 sessions then you get the sense of impending doom and you go home.On a lighter bike there is far greater scope to improve.1 min 44 ish is about as fast as they,ll go for only few laps,the sportsbikes will do faster than that all day long.there fun for half a day.

Half a fun day is better than no fun day Very Happy
(28-05-2009, 10:47pm)spamanglenn Wrote: they,re too long and weigh too much no matter what you throw at them,there fun until you try and push them,momentum kicks in and the tyres give up.there fun for about 4 sessions then you get the sense of impending doom and you go home.On a lighter bike there is far greater scope to improve.1 min 44 ish is about as fast as they,ll go for only few laps,the sportsbikes will do faster than that all day long.there fun for half a day.

Hi Spamamglenn,

Dont forget - average Busa rider is around 100 KG Lol2

now thats not a race body...

Cheers,

Bill
(28-05-2009, 11:12pm)pan Wrote:
(28-05-2009, 06:22pm)jamieBezzina Wrote: Ya and having a gsxr 1000 or 600 makes go past you makes the Busa look like shit. If they were a good track bike suzuki would not have made the gsxr1000 ,600 or 750. Busa on the track, waste of time and your money.But if you want to go slow around the track go for it ,go reinvent the wheel its your money.Confused

Waste of time and money? I think a few of you are missing the point I do track days...

It's about fun, not about winning Coolsmiley
(28-05-2009, 10:47pm)spamanglenn Wrote: .1 min 44 ish is about as fast as they,ll go

...maybe with you riding it... Boobies4

with steve cutting riding dads bike actually,im havent been that quick.Oh yeah steve is over 90kg,most of it balls.
Hey Pan

I've never done a track day and I'm just an average rider so don't confess to be a superstar on a bike but I reckon if you want to turn your Busa into a track bike go ahead and do it.
The only thing I would suggest is do it with a 2nd Busa one of my mates use to race and missed his road bike once he turned his bike into a race bike as it was to much messing around to make it streetable again.

Now everyone keeps going on about a 600 or a 1000 well why not a 1000 chassis with a busa motor best of both worlds ultimate motor with a sports chassis now wouldn't that make for some fun Yes
thats a good idea!