Sad day for Vic - Fires
Here is a few practical ways we can show our support.

The Red Cross is running a Victorian Bushfires Appeal and you can donate online.

http://www.redcross.org.au/default.asp

Donate blood, burns take a mind-blowing amount of blood and blood products to treat so stocks are critical.

Or purchase you groceries at Coles on Friday.
[attachment=5213]

Also, RSPCAs across the country are offering staff and supplies to RSPCA VIC to deal with the animals both domestic and wild.

It is good to know we can do something rather than watching the news helplessly.
trying too rally through my work..good clean clothes as a drop off point.if they dont want to do it i will find another place as a drop off point..will be taking car trailer of clothes to help out.i cannot donate blood due too medicines.

my god its so heart breaking.

but the aussie spirit is amazing..

i,m glad i,m a aussie!!
good on you heidi..yes bags of cat ,dog and horse sheep food ect is badly needed.

its hard enough feeding the people let alone pets.

it has sat me on my arse thinking "what would i grab"

kids hub and animals 3 dogs 5 cats (4 inside ones),set chooks free and get the f*** out..and my photobook.

has made me get off my butt too down load all picts too it.i have loads of them.
Mutha Wrote:Just horrifying, I know a man who perished on Saturday, Marcel owner of Z'couriers and partners with my current employer.
I was having are beer with him at our Xmas party.

R.I.P Marcel Biker

Another friend of mine can't find her Mother, she's in her late 80's, they know her house is gone, but she's nowhere to be found as yet.

Has anybody heard from Dave, I tried his number a few times, without any success. I hope he and his dogs are safe and Ok!

Found out last night, my friends Mum was not one of the lucky ones.
never fly higher than your angel.
They say this will touch most of us in some way.
Very sad.
Thank you for all for your concern, i was lucky to survive. Lost a lot but there is people doing it far tougher than me.I'm still coming to terms with it all.
arthur dunga Wrote:Thank you for all for your concern, i was lucky to survive. Lost a lot but there is people doing it far tougher than me.I'm still coming to terms with it all.

We are very glad to hear your ok Dave!
Did your house survive and how are your dogs ?
Good to hear your ok Dave . Going to be difficult coming to terms with the losses .
i was still a little stunned yesterday as we were driving through the burntout areas going back at the fire front to protect those in the fires path.. not much danger now.. luckily
found out this arvo a friend lost his daughter who was 6 years old and her mother as well as two other little ones..
near melb...

just makes me push harder too give....

i cant say how it hurts.no words
cheeky Wrote:found out this arvo a friend lost his daughter who was 6 years old and her mother as well as two other little ones..
near melb...

just makes me push harder too give....

i cant say how it hurts.no words

So many sad stories, I feel the pain.
Just so much to comprehend the sheer size makes my head hurt sorry to hear of your friends loss Tez and all the loss for that matter it's heart braking, but we as riders can and should do something even a ride out (when we can)to our favourite town to support or maybe some physical work as it is needed. Until we get there we wont know how much we can offer apart from the obvious cash.
Looks like we are in for another shocking day tonight, tomorrow and next few days.
Take care everyone and that means us city slickers too.
The wind is going to be pretty bad they say.
Batten down the hatches.
I just went around the house.
DjPete Wrote:Looks like we are in for another shocking day tonight, tomorrow and next few days.
Take care everyone and that means us city slickers too.
The wind is going to be pretty bad they say.
Batten down the hatches.
I just went around the house.

Cooler weather and rain. Please God it is over. Counting losses will be a heartbreaker for all Australians.
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
Well it didn't happen.
All good.
I think we may be coming to the end for this year.
Melbourne would have to have the most unpredictable weather on the planet. Undecided