Who has made changes re the environment?
well, used sump oil used to be used to oil yard posts... prevent them being eaten by white ants.
Missy_Moo Wrote:well, used sump oil used to be used to oil yard posts... prevent them being eaten by white ants.

Yep, We've all done it....... But now ya not supposed to....
me.. i dont own a car anymore. Selling my car included giving up 4 wheeling so im not wrecking the bushland. I walk to work as does my wife. I live in a city aparment so we dont use much water. Given the small size of the apartment we dont need much energy to heat it either. We walk to the market/supermarket etc.. I have barely ridden the bike in the last 12 months because melb central train station is across the road as are trams... if we cant walk then we catch public transport (rare)

We dont need lights at night because of the city lights, so we use little electricity for lighting

My pc power options are set so monitors and disk drives shut down after some idle time. My motherboard uses copper piping to reduce heat and the need for fans. My hard drives (except where high speed is necessary) are the new western digital green eco drives.

The only car use is a hire car for those few days a year we have to turn up looking pretty to a special event.
[Image: bmr.gif]
DjPete Wrote:Did you know when your pc screen is black it saves electricity.
So dark websites are enviro friendly.

Like http://www.blackle.com/ .... instead of www.google.com
Licence Back!
TimF Wrote:
DjPete Wrote:Did you know when your pc screen is black it saves electricity.
So dark websites are enviro friendly.

Like http://www.blackle.com/ .... instead of www.google.com
eeeeeeeeexcellent
who still washes their bike?
I was looking for the cops last sat when I just used 1/7 a bucket of water to dip my enyo mitten in to wipe off bugs...rotfl.
Felt like a full on crim...
No water shortage up here in Port Stephens.
We are overflowing the dam spillway and piping it off to the Central Coast too.
It is strange though, most people are still ultra conservative with it even though we don't need to be.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO