What were you wearing when you had your last off or near miss?
Last one was a low side left hand slide after the busa's back tyre lost grip (turned out it was covered in oil - long story). After the initial slap onto the side I just did a fairly graceful crazy starfish down the road on my back.

Heavy leather jacket took a bit of grazing; as did raw leather gloves (riggers/roping gloves - my favourites for something tough between my hands and the bitumen in summer); as did my plain old rossi boots; stone dints in the back of my full face; and a hole beside the left knee of plain denim jeans.

I had a slightly cracked rib, and a minor graze where the jeans wore through, and a sore neck. Busa just needed lots of new stickers levers and pegs on the left.

So now I've added kevlar jeans to the standard gear. I am wondering from reading the armour stories above whether I should get some - I love the idea of walking away, or walking anywhere after a stack - any tips on what to get or not to get, from you surviving gladiators?

This is an excellent topic - can't beat real stories - well done for starting it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What were you wearing when you had your last off or near miss? - by brindog - 28-08-2007, 10:45pm