Chicken Strip Ratios (front to rear)
I've got a set of Michelin Pilot Powers fitted. 120 front, 190 rear. I don't know too m uch about these tyres other than both me and Rossi think they're crap. I don't know if they have some weird profile or some weird split compound structure.

I've noticed that at near knee down lean angles the front tyre pushes. Even when warm the front pushes. The only way to get away from this is to get further off the bike and put my CoG down lower, or open the throttle up and get weight onto the rear tyre. By the way, the rear is fine. I've suspected my front suspension is too hard and more suited for a smooth track rather than road. BUT........

I checked my chicken strips on the front tyre. There is nothing left, hardly even a ridge before the tyre wall. Yet the rear has about a half centimetre left. Every other bike I've ridden, including trail bikes with knobbies, have always had more chicken strip on the front than the rear.

Has anyone had the front tyre worn right over the edge but not the rear? Is this some weird tyre profile thing? Can it be suspension? Is it a stupid Italian thing?

PS I've a Ducati 998. This never happened on my busa! When's the damn new one coming out???!!!!

Messages In This Thread
Chicken Strip Ratios (front to rear) - by xocet - 30-05-2007, 08:06pm
RE: Chicken Strip Ratios (front to rear) - by Tag 13 - 31-05-2007, 09:53am
RE: Chicken Strip Ratios (front to rear) - by DjPete - 31-05-2007, 10:24am
RE: Chicken Strip Ratios (front to rear) - by spamanglenn - 05-06-2007, 06:11am
RE: Chicken Strip Ratios (front to rear) - by g bus66 - 09-08-2007, 05:43pm
RE: Chicken Strip Ratios (front to rear) - by The Ant - 11-08-2007, 07:29pm