Attention Tech Heads
DJ,
The active window in "Windows" uses standard code for the layout. Which is why it is so popular. You get standard behaviour and can expect a Window frame to behave the same in every itterance. By that I mean if you click on the edge of a frame you can move it to where you want it, If you click on the corner of a frame you can resize the window etc.
The Minimize, maximise and close buttons are also standard windows items. If you jiggle the code for 1 window, it will apply across the board to every frame you open.
I suggest you be carefull not to close the applications you don't want to close.
If you are concerned about how long it takes Outlook to open, I suggest you may need to perform some maintenance on your mailbox.
Make sure you empty the deleted items bin and also check through your sent items folder and clear that out as well.
The bigger your mailbox the longer it will take to open of course.
You can add a size column to the window by going to the View menu item and add the "size" field to your current view.
This allows you to list items by size and you can ditch the big suckers.
After you clean out your mailbox, you then need to compact your personal folder, if you have one, because windows does not automatically do it and it will not recover empty space unless you compact it. Rgds BUSGO

Messages In This Thread
Attention Tech Heads - by Djpete - 16-07-2005, 02:01pm
Re: Attention Tech Heads - by BUSGO - 16-07-2005, 06:59pm
Re: Attention Tech Heads - by Djpete - 16-07-2005, 07:08pm
Re: Attention Tech Heads - by BUSGO - 16-07-2005, 07:51pm
Re: Attention Tech Heads - by Djpete - 17-07-2005, 01:32am
Re: Attention Tech Heads - by BUSGO - 24-07-2005, 09:30pm