ECU flash tune VS powercommander /dyno tune diference
(27-08-2014, 08:41pm)draughtrider Wrote: So to put a simple spin on this, I could buy an X-TRE, I could buy a PCx but I can leave everything pretty much stock and achieve the same things with room for much more 'down the track' if I so desire, If I get the Woolich. Seems like a no-brainer. Can add the logger and o2 stuff later if needed.

Question re reflashing, can this fix speedo also? (does speedo need fixing? I try not to look at it ...)

... and the supplementary question - Woolich has 15 ECU's listed for Gen2. If I were to acquire a second ECU 'for fun' so I could literally leave the first untouched in any way, would I have to match exactly or would any do (plus or minus minor fixes/etc) ...

You do not need the X-TRE or PC at all. It is a complete waste of money as you can do all that in the ECU that is already on the bike. Instead spend the money on a harness and the wideband HO2 sensor with a log box from Woolich. They do a good bundle deal. That will allow you to disable the restrictions, modify some usefull settings, add the quickshifter (if you whish) as well as tune the AFR properly for most efficient running. It is the best "tech bling" you can get. The bike will still be road legal (untill you get stuck into the emission control system which would be only a mater of time) and you do not need to worry about the speedo. You will need to do some learning though, so if you not inclined that way do not bother as you will end up dissapointed and frustrated. There is a lot of help and the forum on Woolich site if you get stuck. Good luck Biker
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"

Messages In This Thread
RE: ECU flash tune VS powercommander /dyno tune diference - by Shifu - 28-08-2014, 01:48am