ECU flash tune VS powercommander /dyno tune diference
(29-05-2014, 05:35pm)Batfink Wrote: If u r right storm then the additions (PC, TRE, etc) are there to adjust ECU outputs and fine tune the bike for optimum operations.
If this is right then I see Jamie's point in why add something when you can just adjust what is already there. And with the SDS shifu found and an editor you should be able to do everything.....
I also see Thompys point in having a simple plug n play style option where you can never completely f*** up the bikes operations as you can always unplug and return to OEM ECU output...
I don't think I will ever need to access the ultimate performance of the busa as I ride like a grandpa but good to know I can get it lol plus the bonus of saying she IS unrestricted lol

Gurus please correct me if wrong..
A MAP is the operating parameters of the unit controlling the motor?
A generic map might or might not improve performance
A bike specific map designed for specific changes (eg cans, filters, etc) is a good starting point when changing such stuff on the bike
A manually adjusted map from software plotting can improve performance more than generic
A manually adjusted map from dyno plotting will get a better improvement
A manually adjusted map from dyno and real riding will get best results but only for that style of riding

And a final question....
Can you edit/flash the ECU for each separate mode on the gen2???

Yep using woolich u can have 3 different maps if u choose for your ABC mode switch. 1 for commuting, 1 for drag racing and 1 for being a hooligan. Options are endless. I had a wideband fitted to mine so i could get data on the track, dyno and road.It really allows u to try things and see what works and what doesnt. I have all the flashing gear for sale since my busa was written off yesterday. Logbox/datalogger, wideband and laptop with ecu editor and woolich softwares installed going cheapVery Happy

Messages In This Thread
RE: ECU flash tune VS powercommander /dyno tune diference - by jamie - 29-05-2014, 07:36pm