Night shift for the dead
(06-12-2012, 06:29am)Banter Wrote:
(05-12-2012, 07:33am)BikerBoy Wrote: Here ya go Banter....this little ghost works during business hours Scary

That's a good one, I'd be screaming too I had to spend eternity in a lift, still the hours are a bit better, I wonder if she gets confined space allowance?
(05-12-2012, 08:02pm)Dale Wrote: I'd be on the ground, squealing like a girl .. Ghosts aren't my thing. My sister and I saw one when we were little kids, we still talk about to this day ..

I have never seen a ghost but when my mom worked in geriatric,s as a nurse she became very fond of a lady who eventually passed away while she was on shift, it was expected but upsetting all the same, she often said it was the hardest part of the job. At the end of her shift, night shift by the way, mom would always make a cup of tea when she got home and relax for a bit before heading to bed and because the kitchen door was across from there bedroom door my dad would often see her come home as she went into the kitchen. On that night as he looked across the room he could see another lady coming in behind mom and just thought that she had brought a friend home for a cuppa, there was something odd about the situation but he brushed it of and went back to sleep. When he asked her the next day who it was, well obviously there was no one there, it was then he realised that lady was dressed in a night gown and seemed to float behind mom, of course at that hour she could have been juggling chickens and singing Yanky doodle and he still would have nodded back of, good sleeper my dad something I seemed to have picked up, maybe that why I have never seen a ghost, they put me in the too hard basket. Any way, it never happened again and the story got told less and less as time went by, mom just put it down to the old girl saying her last good bye and the old man shrugged it of as one of those things but among the older nurses who worked in the gereactric wards or Gods waiting room as they would say, it was fairly common to hear similar stories.

That story just gave me goosebumps.

Something else that happens (too bloody often actually) .. there is a song (everybody hurts by REM) that was played at a friends funeral 14 years ago. Whenever I hear this song, someone I know passes away .. coincidence maybe, I hope so. The last time I heard the song on the radio .. Peter passed that night.

Messages In This Thread
Night shift for the dead - by Banter - 05-12-2012, 07:05am
RE: Night shift for the dead - by BikerBoy - 05-12-2012, 07:33am
RE: Night shift for the dead - by Banter - 06-12-2012, 06:29am
RE: Night shift for the dead - by Dale - 18-12-2012, 07:27pm
RE: Night shift for the dead - by bazman - 05-12-2012, 09:46am
RE: Night shift for the dead - by sutur - 05-12-2012, 12:27pm
RE: Night shift for the dead - by Dale - 05-12-2012, 08:02pm
RE: Night shift for the dead - by DjPete - 19-12-2012, 05:56pm
RE: Night shift for the dead - by BikerBoy - 19-12-2012, 08:11pm
RE: Night shift for the dead - by 06BUSA - 19-12-2012, 09:37pm
RE: Night shift for the dead - by BikerBoy - 19-12-2012, 09:56pm