Particular attention to NSW riders
It's really disappointing when you read some of these threads about this topic.

Yes some of us speed yes speed kills but the most annoying thing about all of this is that speed is only a contributing factor to an incident or accident so why don't the boys in blue start looking a little bit deeper into the accidents and I'm sure they do but they don't let that information out it's always easier to say speeding contributed to the accident. It's all become about stats and KPI's unfortunately and when they have a blitz where do they target Hi traffic areas where they can get the biggest bang for there buck and all this make there stats / KPI's look great but when it's all said and done it's not saving lives.

I remember when I 1st got my licence there were always cops on the road and I can tell you everyone slowed down so surely all this money they are making they can afford to put more cops back out on the road as they say Police Presence is everything. The sooner someone comes out and says that cameras are only for revenue and not for saving lives the better off we will be because they don't save lives and it's pretty bad when the boys in blue will say the same thing when they are off duty. I reckon I speed more now than I did when I was younger and I've certainly got the camera fines to show that I can even tell you when I last got pulled up by a cop and I can tell you that when your getting pulled up so they can look at the bike because he's thinking about buying one well what else can I say.

2000 cameras is not a cheap exercise so that would have to tell anyone that can read between the lines the revenue that they are going to make is worth the investment.

Some of you mentioned exhausts the cops were getting around with a noise monitor here in the west a couple of months ago and pulling up and testing bikes but one thing that annoyed me about that is some of the cops were revving the bikes harder than what the stickers on the side of the bikes were saying so what's the point of that I think you would have an interesting case in Court. Andcad tested his bike in a shed which would resonate even more and his bike was only about 6-8db louder than standard and that's with a R55 Shorty on so what's that say for the way they test bikes. Yes they are loud when you stick the fist into but so are some of the cars and bikes when they are standard so I think it needs to be consistent with what they are doing.

Anyway stay safe guys and gals unfortunately WA is slowly heading in the same direction but we are still a little way from that at the moment.

Messages In This Thread
Particular attention to NSW riders - by BabyBusa - 10-08-2012, 10:20am
RE: Particular attention to NSW riders - by RYDRZ - 10-08-2012, 11:05pm
RE: Particular attention to NSW riders - by Rev004 - 11-08-2012, 01:09am
RE: Particular attention to NSW riders - by RYDRZ - 11-08-2012, 01:37am
RE: Particular attention to NSW riders - by RYDRZ - 11-08-2012, 10:09am
RE: Particular attention to NSW riders - by DAD - 11-08-2012, 04:44pm
RE: Particular attention to NSW riders - by GRUNTMAX - 31-08-2012, 02:43pm