Pilot rd 3's (I'm impressed)
I've got Road 3's on mine...mainly because I picked them up cheap from a shop closing sale.

I have had the front on for over 6,000ks now and only just put the rear on.

Did a run down the Clyde last weekend and found them to be good, but couldnt give them a real test in my favourite corners due to the amount of traffic, and new gravely road works.

I have just noticed the front is scalloping in the right hand side of the tyre. There are 4 things that may have caused this.

1/ Since I put this tyre on I have found myself cornering harder, and also doing some harder braking.

2/ I have been running lower tire pressures (40) and found these felt better for me.....so with the above, the tyre may have been squirming more than normal.

3/ When I fitted up the rear, I string-lined the alignment and found the alignment with the old tyre is slightly different to the new tyre (yes wierd I know), so it the alignment may have been out for the last 6,000ks

4/ I have just had the suspension serviced, new springs and different valving in the front and I may have had the front a bit soft.

Since noticing the scalloping I have returned the tyres to 42 front and rear, and adjusted the front suspension to firm it up up bit, but still mainting a smooth ride. I think I had too much spring pre-load and not enough compression damping.

But all in all, I do seem to be hitting the corners and round-abouts in town harder.

I'll see how they go for the Tathra run :)

Regards,

Busdriver (aka Les)

Messages In This Thread
Pilot rd 3's (I'm impressed) - by duc13 - 23-11-2011, 07:31pm
RE: Pilot rd 3's (I'm impressed) - by Ward P - 23-11-2011, 11:35pm
RE: Pilot rd 3's (I'm impressed) - by Busdriver - 24-11-2011, 06:29am
RE: Pilot rd 3's (I'm impressed) - by Lucky 85 - 24-11-2011, 09:07am