New Pipe/System PROBLEMS?
(13-10-2011, 09:48pm)Shifu Wrote: I have a full Akrapivic dual system on my bike. You have to appreciate that I am a very hard to please son of a bitch when comes to the aftermarket accessories and consider 80% of them simply a rubbish not worthy being on my bike. When it comes to Akra however I was so bloody impressed with it (got the titaniium and CF cans as I could not decide which looks better) that I wrote to the factory congratulating them on the fantastic product. Everything fitted in perfectly, better than the OEM system that needs a bit of pushing and forcing. Even with my longer than standard oil filter - I use Purolator. The quality of the parts is outstanding and the welds are need to be seen to believe. I have not try any others so I can not comment, but you will have no problem with Akra. Wish some other manufactures took the same care with their products. Word of caution though - do not try to get it through an Australian distributors as they are a bunch of dickeads that wasted six months of my time and even lied to me that they do not make a titanium version any longer. Get them from USA or Europe. It is cheaper as well.

Cheers,

Thanks for that Shifu. I just got agreement from the Insurance that installing such a system would not void my insurance, which is nice. Have to just check about warranty, or just wait till warranty runs out. I do believe that Akra has the top available quality as I've never heard a bad word against them. My main interest is in lightening up the bike for better handling. Plenty of HP already!!
ciao
FP

Messages In This Thread
New Pipe/System PROBLEMS? - by FalcoPerigri - 13-10-2011, 09:02am
RE: New Pipe/System PROBLEMS? - by Shifu - 13-10-2011, 09:48pm
RE: New Pipe/System PROBLEMS? - by FalcoPerigri - 14-10-2011, 08:10am
RE: New Pipe/System PROBLEMS? - by FalcoPerigri - 14-10-2011, 10:34pm
RE: New Pipe/System PROBLEMS? - by Shifu - 14-10-2011, 11:04pm
RE: New Pipe/System PROBLEMS? - by Greeny_SA - 14-10-2011, 11:22pm
RE: New Pipe/System PROBLEMS? - by FalcoPerigri - 15-10-2011, 03:41pm