thank you Leviathan - spyder experience

Hey Ian, thanks for coming along and having a bit of fun.

For everyone else, if you get a chance to test ride one of the Can-am spyders I can assure you that you'll enjoy it. It's sort of like a quad but due to the ABS, traction control & vehicle stability system it corners surprisingly well. The 990cc twin has ample torque and no doubt (without anyone watching over your shoulder) it would light the rear tyre up nicely, which by the way is a 225/50 R15. Fronts are 165/65 R14's.
Steering is all handlebar turning - no counter-steering or lean on these. Brakes to all 3 wheels are controlled by the right foot pedal & stomping down hard brings you to a pretty sudden stop (with ABS on).
Just trying to remember some of the other figures.....front luggage compartment is 45L, I think he said they were speed limited to 170 KM/hr. The seat is comfy as, but the family jewels get swished as the design pretty much has you dry humping the tank all day long. It comes in a 5 speed manual & tip-tronic style semi -auto & yes, it does have reverse.
All in all, not a bad product but I think the pricing starting at $28990 for the manual & $30990 for the auto is a wee bit steep. I think both Ian & I both enjoyed our "Spyder Experience" but as the saying goes - there's no place like home, and for me there's no bike like my Busa Lol3

For the WA guys the bloke there said Saturday was pretty much packed out but Sunday was only about half booked.

Cheers
Troy
Photobucket

Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Messages In This Thread