New Busa (Gen II, K9) owner - Perth
Hi,
I bought my white Busa (K9) last month (June) from Savage Suzuki. This is my first Suzuki. My previous bike was 06 Yamaha R1. Of course my benchmark for comparison will be the R1. The Busa is huge on weight (on or off bike movement). I do find the engine to be rough (Iâ€ve only done 600 K so far). There is engine noise at 2 – 3K rpm (sort of ‘rough rotation†sound) and vibrations >4k rpm < 5.5k rpm (which I think is normal). The Busa design is what you call a classic bike design where the exhaust (muffler) is highly visual (typical bike thing – engine, exhaust etc). Unlike the R1, where the exhaust is pretty much hidden except for the noise! I like the exhaust system because of its good noise suppression but itâ€s huge in size and it does get frustrating whenever I want to get access to the drive chain. Also, since itâ€s huge part of the bike, I do need to take special care on the muffler area so that I donâ€t scratch etc similar to other painted bike body parts etc. I chose the white one over the gold/black one because the gold/black design is awful where you get a 50/50 split colour presence unlike the GSXR1000 where the gold is nicely distributed on the black coloured surface. I donâ€t like the all black one (any bikes) because you loose (not visual) the body work/lines completely. The white brings out the bike design plus the silver faring part breaks the white colour to further bring out the body work lines. My wife thinks that the white one looks like a police bike or something but the good part is she excepted the Busa purchase and I can't complain.....
Anyway, any advice for my first service, cost, oil etc? Also, is there a Busa club or some sorts in Perth? Thanks.

Vignes

Messages In This Thread
New Busa (Gen II, K9) owner - Perth - by Vignes - 15-07-2009, 03:33pm
RE: New Busa (Gen II, K9) owner - Perth - by white09 - 15-07-2009, 09:59pm
RE: New Busa (Gen II, K9) owner - Perth - by Vignes - 15-07-2009, 10:24pm
RE: New Busa (Gen II, K9) owner - Perth - by spamanglenn - 15-07-2009, 11:04pm
RE: New Busa (Gen II, K9) owner - Perth - by Vignes - 16-07-2009, 01:10am