Need help - bike wont start...........Fixed.
bgaheer Wrote:HI,

The bike is at Sydney City Motorcycle in Lane Cove - near my house so pushing 2k was not that difficult - few hills - up and down.

Will come to know what happened tomm. I just got the fuel tank cleaned about 5 months back. Will update later on the resolution.

Cheers,
Bill

If you can smell fuel and its flooded then it probably isn't a fuel prob. Remove a plug lead and see if theres a spark. Put an old plug in the end or a screwdriver, hold it close to an earth and see if there is a spark when you crank it over. If using a plug then the plug needs to be earthed. If you have a spark then its fuel, if you dont then its ignition. If you have both then it's time to remove the plugs, spin the engine over to blow out excess fuel. Dry the plugs on ciggy lighter and refit then it should go. Just a warning, if it is flooded then I would advise an oil change also as the fuel can seep past the rings and into the sump thus thinning out the oil and the potential for engine wear increases.

Good Luck
Chris.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Need help - bike wont start............. - by bigfoot - 20-08-2008, 08:14am
RE: Need help - bike wont start............. - by bigfoot - 20-08-2008, 08:20am
RE: Need help - bike wont start............. - by bigfoot - 20-08-2008, 10:52am
RE: Need help - bike wont start............. - by bigfoot - 20-08-2008, 02:12pm
RE: Need help - bike wont start............. - by Pommie - 20-08-2008, 06:45pm
RE: Need help - bike wont start...........Fixed. - by spamanglenn - 21-08-2008, 10:20pm
RE: Need help - bike wont start...........Fixed. - by bigfoot - 22-08-2008, 07:24am