Which Rotors ???????????????????
I,ve incrementally improved my brakes and i agree at each stage another part becomes the weakest link.However if your rotors need replacing i do see a benefit in replacing them with aftermarket.The reason being the factory discs are extremely hard,have a low cooficient of friction and rust very little.To improve their bite you really need metal pads which then accelerate their wear.The stock busa brakes are crap and the 08 brakes are only a bit better mainly because the radial mount caliper is a stiffer caliper than the 6 pot tokico.If you need to replace discs take the opportunity to fit non oem and you,ll discover improved bite,feel and power for the same lever pressure.Depending on the rotor material you may then be able to use organic pads which do have less cold grip,wear out a little quicker but give a beautiful smooth feel and great power with a little heat and a pad that doesn,t glaze and go wooden with light use.Good brakes are something you can enjoy at all roads speeds as less lever effort and great feel once experienced are almost as addictive as horsepower and you can easily spend alot if good brakes pushes your buttons.I,ve spent lots as they do it for me.Good brakes are like light wheels you can ride faster for longer with less effort.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which Rotors ??????????????????? - by ROD - 22-07-2008, 06:20pm
RE: Which Rotors ??????????????????? - by Volvi - 22-07-2008, 06:33pm
RE: Which Rotors ??????????????????? - by ROD - 22-07-2008, 07:48pm
RE: Which Rotors ??????????????????? - by spamanglenn - 22-07-2008, 08:23pm
RE: Which Rotors ??????????????????? - by pan - 22-07-2008, 09:24pm
RE: Which Rotors ??????????????????? - by jzbusa - 22-07-2008, 09:43pm
RE: Which Rotors ??????????????????? - by Volvi - 24-07-2008, 01:01pm
RE: Which Rotors ??????????????????? - by Madmax - 24-07-2008, 05:17pm