Poll: Allow Unmarked Police Motorcycle
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Allow unmarked patrol bikes
10.00%
2 10.00%
Dont Allow un marked patrol bikes
90.00%
18 90.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Unmarked Motorcycle Cop on Monash 28.5.08
Banter Wrote:
Louwai Wrote:Last week going to work I turned off Wellington Rd onto Jells Rd & there was a commodore wagon pushing right up behind me.
I was doing about 65klm odd.

I moved into the left lane & the guy in the passenger seat sat up nice & straight so I could clearly see his uniform & sleeve patches.

I suppose they were hoping I'd give it a bit to get away from the "tailgater" & then they could book me.
Unmarked patrol cars and bikes are a symptom of a society that allows a government the use of brute force through penury measures to achieve by intimidation what they have failed to do because of a lack of public cooperation.

Punitive measures have never been successful in achieving communal cooperation, in other words, without public support no law is viable and given the ridiculous size and yearly expansion of fines and revenue flowing from our roads it is hard to see how anyone could say Victorians or Australians in general honestly support the initiatives of our governments to make our roads safer.

Compounding the problem is the perverse roll our constabulary have been placed in as they deal with the daily horror of road trauma while enforcing a system that by world standards is archaic and increasingly ineffective.

The most disturbing aspect of this whole sorry sager is the lack of real public debate and the inability of any group, including the Victorian opposition, to gain access to the actual raw road trauma data and statistics that the government use to justify its current campaign.

One can only wonder what is hidden in the numbers, perhaps promotions, cushy civil servant jobs and lucrative government tenders, who knows.
Storm

I agree. We are not talking about road safety here, it is all another source of revenue. The only way to exact adequate revenge is to elect to take the matter to court. Kathy was booked in a parking space for parking in a no stopping zone, even though the signs had fallen off. So while she was booked, before reversing from the parking space, she took out her digital camea and shot a whole heap of photos including the missing signs, then elected to go to court. We are still awaiting a court date.

It's also noted that when the fines come through in NSW from the SDRO, they give you three options, 1) Pay the fine. 2) Dob someone else 3) Go to court. SDRO only want the money so do not bother applying for a review. I did and they used a bullshit excuse to not review the case.

My 0.02c

Messages In This Thread
Unmarked Motorcycle Cop on Monash 28.5.08 - by Banter - 28-05-2008, 10:40pm
RE: Unmarked Motorcycle Cop on Monash 28.5.08 - by Banter - 29-05-2008, 09:18pm
RE: Unmarked Motorcycle Cop on Monash 28.5.08 - by Banter - 31-05-2008, 11:50am
RE: Unmarked Motorcycle Cop on Monash 28.5.08 - by 1hotbusa - 02-06-2008, 06:17pm