Continental Tyres
Well i'am takin my marbles and going. Maybe i will try the Hawk tyers.
RaZz0R Wrote:diablo corsa 3's as well :)
I can't believe all the shit fighting you blokes come up with and the exess you pay for tyres most of you never get to use to its limit but it is the pose factor with many of youany way. I use Shinko'es 003on front 005 and if you want realy soft 003s on the rear ,balanced and fitted for just under$300.00 and they will hang on for the best of you.
Cowboy.
WANNA BET I don't use the limits of the tyres?If your using shinkos for fast road work it shows your not that fussed on cornering speed yourself.My fast riding is on the track but cold grip,profile,feedback varies significantly from brand to brand,even without pushing their hot grip levels.So even joe average can benefit from a tyre that turns in easy,has good cold grip and good feedback without ever finding its ultimate grip levels.
Quote:Kawwa Have bought super coarser for 305AU and bridgestone for 365Au a set
I'll have a few sets at that price price Ray Pi_thumbsup
Thats when i had friends in the tyer industry, now they are full of shit, they are oxygen theives.
I didn't think you had friends ray ? oh sorry ,i forgot about your friends at'' buts are us''. How are they ray ?sick fucker .
pink pantys 4 every one .see you in hell bitches
I am using the conti sport attacks at the moment. have used them on track days and on the road. i have also used the road attacks.

in my opinion, the extra grip you get from the sport attacks isn't worth the loss in mileage. the road attacks wear quite well and are still nice on the road. after my next rear tyre wears out i am going to try a sport front with a road back.

of all the people i know that are using them they all seem to be relatively happy.
will you be getting in the race attacks?
Hey all just back reading the thread and can't help but notice how there are plenty of arm chair racer's out there......If you want to know about these continental tyres go and do your research!!!! they have been around for a couple of years now, german tyre manufactuer tyring to break into the motorcycle tyre market's. Alot of the top tyres around today all offer very similar characteristics but even then personal preference ( BRAND NAMES ) accounts for a lot when buying. NOT unless you are a 1st class track rider/racer who knows what the f*** they are on about can one really take advantage .............
Continental tyres have been in Australia since the mid 70's.
I had them on my Laverda a few times and they were known for their very good wet weather grip. Mind you, just about any tyre today is much better than any mid seventies tyre.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
Armchair racers eh?mmm.tyres are like oils,some have unsubstantiated loyalties,some notice the difference and can take advantage of it.Making them attractively priced so the end users can provide feedback and build a following would seem to be a more reasonable way to go about it.
I had a set of Conti "Race Attacks" fitted, went soft on front, Endurance on rear.

They were crap!

They lasted 2000k..

The front one let go on a damp road, causing damage to my 3week old busa,

The profile of the rear caused it to foul with the hugger, which I had to pack up with washers,

They felt very squirrelly in transition from upright to leaned, and did not inspire any confidence at high lean angles.

I possibly could have wrung another 500k out of em, but I couldnt wait to get them in the bin where they belong.

Back on Michelin Pilot Power 2CT's now and loving them.

Yes tyre choice is very subjective, a lot of riders will be fine on any reputable brand tyre, becausethey dont need the high performance characteristics due to their riding style.

I see lots of high performance bikes with wide chicken strips wearing top o the line tyres...but...

From MY OWN calculations, the difference in cost from a cheap tyre to the very best is about 7c per Km...the cost of a 5m slide up the road could be anywhere from $1000.00 to total loss.

Im reasonably handy as a rider, have no courage at all in the wet, and buy tyres with abilities that exceed my skill levels, It is a pain parting with $450 odd every couple of months...but if it wasn't "worth it" I would sell the Busa and buy a Harley..they never wear out their tyres!...but a good pair of "pushing boots" is recommended!
With my riding style, a car tyre would be okay for me.

Seriously though, I'm going to put some Avon Storm-STs on mine ......or maybe the new BT-021 Bridgestones. Both are sport touring tyres.

I'm not an armchair racer.....more of an armchair loafer.
Regards,

Busdriver (aka Les)
Hey all, given my Busa's only just gone in for it's first service I've gto a little bit of breathing space, but is there a consensus on the best tyre for the Busa. I used to run Michies (Pilot Power and Pilot Sports) on my Sv1000S but it was a very different bike to the Busa. I've seen the various polls etc but what is the current thinking re:- tyres for the Busa. (Oh sh*t this might be a can of wormsHijacked)
It's a week by week charade.
Yes it is.(A can of worms). Members here have their own faves.
Metzeler M3 or Z6 are my choice but others use, Michelin Powers, Dunlop qualifiers, Stock bridgies are good but wear fast, the BT 020 is harder wearing.
If you are doing track days. go soft or go home.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO