Canberrans Sips Again
oh i'm quite sad at the moment, looks like i'll have to wait a few more weeks before I get another bike :-(

Finance was approved but they wanted me to comprehensively ensure the big zx-14. 20 years old....zx14....comprehensive insurance....they don't go well together.

I'm like "your kidding right, that would be in the vicinity of 3-4000 a year"

The loan officer was like "oh well my hubby rides bikes and he had a tlr1000 at 27...yet he still was able to insure it for 1000 with swann"

Some people are thick ..."I'm 20 thats 7 years difference..."

darrrrr

ARGHHH

might have to hold off on the mighty 14 right now. I'm thinking anyway, the 08 busa and 14 will be out probably if I wait a bit longer. when are they due here?????
No matter what you get, finance companies like you to insure. If it gets stolen, written off etc, you get money to payout the finance. They get their money and you don't get left paying for a bike you no longer have.
Regards,

Busdriver (aka Les)
I'm actually looking at something cheap in the in-between time. Found a 1998 VTR1000 firestorm with staintunes, 50,000k, in black for 7000.

Its out of rego though.

What would you guys offer the bloke.

http://allclassifieds.com.au/c/ac?a=vm&i=1940787367

I reckon 6000 tops.

Suggestions???
copperjosh Wrote:I'm actually looking at something cheap in the in-between time. Found a 1998 VTR1000 firestorm with staintunes, 50,000k, in black for 7000.

Its out of rego though.

I reckon 6000 tops.

Suggestions???

Copper, 6000 and he takes it through rego and pays for 12 months...
saracen Wrote:[quote=copperjosh]
I'm actually looking at something cheap in the in-between time. Found a 1998 VTR1000 firestorm with staintunes, 50,000k, in black for 7000.

Its out of rego though.

I reckon 6000 tops.

Suggestions???
Josh
They are a really fun bike, closer to your 600 than the bus. Offer as little as you think you might get away with ($5k?). BUT make sure it's unencumbered and get him to register it as part of the deal.

MaxAustralia2HayabusaAustralia2
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
good idea...cos i'm farkin itching to come out with you blokes again....and maybe I can come around and we'll both get a whooping in COD2 by alex...lol
copperjosh Wrote:good idea...cos i'm farkin itching to come out with you blokes again....and maybe I can come around and we'll both get a whooping in COD2 by alex...lol

Alexander says that you fight like a girlEgyptian

copperjosh Wrote:good idea...cos i'm farkin itching to come out with you blokes again....and maybe I can come around and we'll both get a whooping in COD2 by alex...lol

I am joking of course, he kicks butt with about anyone who has the guts to try. I have placed restrictiosn like "No machine guns, No scoped automatic rifles and No scoped bolt action rifles, handguns only for you my boy!"

He still wins. I need to make friends with him while he is only practising SFun_kickingroinNutkickyt1

hehe.......yes I hate to say but the younger generation are even better at video games than my generation.

I offered that guy 5500 bux for the VTR1000 and he replied "no i want more than that"

With 73,000km and no rego you gotta be kidding. & its a 98 model.

I said...then goodluck with the sale...lol
VTRs are fun, I had a '98 that was only a couple yrs old, paid $11k with pipes/heated grips etc. surprised that up until a couple years ago they never seemed to dip below $9k, tho' that is changing as they approach 10 yrs old.

Well, I knew someday I will have to make amends with the missus for the busa + turbo datto + BA Ford while she keeps an capri convertible going. Checking out shopping trolleys....go down for a bit of look at the cheapo end of the market...walk out the door with deposit down on Getz $14.2k drive-away 4 pm today. Drove a Toyo Yaris just for comparison between Jap & Korean, apart from detail and maybe better feeling g/box bugger all difference really and Hyundai back it 5 yr unlimited warr.
Hey Max, no sight of the new bling.......... but I did buy a rear braided brake line...... can we fit that in too!!Coolsmiley

marky mark
saracen Wrote:Hey Max, no sight of the new bling.......... but I did buy a rear braided brake line...... can we fit that in too!!Coolsmiley

marky mark

That's easy bloke, just bring an unopened bottle of brake fluid with you. Only take....probably half an hour or so to get the line in.

Max, the bits are in the country and I should receive them sometime next week... When is the next window of opportunity?

Mark
hey copperjosh my 2000 mod vfr800 is for sale for $5500.it has approx 50K on it and rego.Very good bike, ask max.it has revalved suspension,braided lines,genmar risers and near new pilot powers.This bike was my baby before the busa and easyrider imports came along.It has been sitting under my house in storage for the last year.I pumped up the tyres and oiled the chain and took it for a spin this morning and now remember why i loved it so much.If they brought a vfr out with a 1200 in it id never own another bike.Let us know if youre interested.
saracen Wrote:Max, the bits are in the country and I should receive them sometime next week... When is the next window of opportunity?

Mark
Probably Thursday this coming week mate. If you can get the bike to me and I'm not working overtime at the range, I can knock it over for you thursday arvo-evening.