What tires
Takin my bike to calder park tonight,in need of some quick
advice,what rpm in your opinion is best to take off at.
Like whats the quickest way to get it off the line.
Its tottally standard.

If i do a 10.99 il be through the roof.
I dont see me doing it though Confused

Help?
Lol
You'll do a 10.99 easy. Just do a normal traffic light start, nothing much more than 2000 to 2500 and try and feed as much throttle on as early as you can in first gear. Assuming you don't wheelie or wheel spin, away you go! After first gear you're just going for a ride anyway. I predict a 10.6 or better! Good hunting and be smooth! (Clutchless changes too)
Just go really f*&^ing fast THAT way, and if you've hit the sandtrap you've gone too far. That's the advice I got, hasn't steered me wrong yet!
Bear I launch at 5k (at the track) anything more I'm skywards big time, what are you launching at
Nemesis try putting on you fast idle on full (some call it the choke) and let the clutch out from there then gas it on as hard as your brain will let you.
I'm probably launching around 3500 or a bit more. It's an area I was really working on until I went skywards! But I found my fastest times came at around 3500 but getting to WOT as soon as possible. Tried the fast idle but found it a bit hard to dial in exactly what I wanted. So was going to leave that until I had modified with some stops. But then again, you can get launch control bits now can't you?
It's a bit like the first time I did timetrials on my push bike. The guy said the secret was to split the 40km into 3 parts. In the first part, you go as fast as you possibly can. Leave nothing in the tank. In the second third, see if you can increase the speed a bit more, and in the last third, go faster again. Simple really.
i want a 10.99 aswell. i launch at about 3.5-krpm and seem to lunch hard but hold the throttle off wot as i can feel the wheel just off the gound the gas it fully once i start going down but still only a 11.03 or there abouts. should i jsut gas it with the wheel coming up? im a bigger guy like 130kg and try get forward over the tank but can still feel the front wheel coming up. so what should i do?????
Regards

Dan
For a first timer follow Bears advice. Just do your normal quick street start, imagine you are at the traffic lights next to another bike.

If you try for a high RPM launch you'll scare the shit out of yourself. A normal quickish street take off is the way to go at first, you'll be suprised at how fast that is.

Dan the only answer is practice, sounds like you are already doing the right thing. Keep practicing and you will get quicker irrespective of your weight.

I launch at 7000 to 7500 rpm, otherwise the turbo bogs down. Normally aspirated was 5-6000rpm
I still tend to launch at fairly low revs ( 3500 ), let the bike settle a bit then give it some stick. If i try to launch too hard, the front wheel is up all the way through first = blown run
Chopper says - "Harden the f*** up Australia"
Thanks fellas,il let yous know how it goes....

Forget clutchless shifts lol.
My opinoin,

Point the bike in the right direction,(very important!!!)

When the light goes green, GO as fast as you can.

After 400m slow down and go back for another go!

BTW

Clutches are easy to replace and relatively cheap,

compared to splitting cases replacing shift forks and gears .Biker

Leonard.
So how did you go??

Could you see through the fog?
Didnt end up going,chickened out,would of went 10.9 im sure :P
0h. Cuz well

Cant afford tires lol.
f*** that.
An I like my gearbox.
An cant afford one of them either.
Congrats Nemesis, another pb coming up eh? I wouldn't worry too much about the gearbox, if you get the change right it's as smooth as, and will save your clutch too. Have you had the clutch mod done? If not, that will make life a lot easier on take off. More control. If I knew how to post and XL chart, I could show how long and hard it was for me. Best part of 3 seasons now.
Great times NEM well done mate.
I do clutchless changes and if they are done right then no problem, on the occasion they go wrong they can sound horrible and definately shock load the gearbox. Why not try just fanning the clutch - ie. preload the shift pedal and just quickly partially pull the clutch lever.

An unnamed legend on this site changes this way and does silly fast times. Less load on the gearbox and slightly more on the clutch, clutches are easy and relatively cheap to replace.