server speed (slooooowwwww)
ConfusedConfused

yeah - so I have noted that the web server performance has gone to crap as of late. Thought it was my connection tonight to I opened a few other forums at the same time with no problems.

So whats the go? Need server tuning? Very Happy thats where I can help - but more wanted to bring it to attention of the admins

***EDIT: Actually it seems to be the forums only - the gallery seems.... doh - nope its slow as all shit as well :(
almost to slow to bother with agreeing
[Image: bmr.gif]
RaZz0R Wrote:ConfusedConfused

yeah - so I have noted that the web server performance has gone to crap as of late. Thought it was my connection tonight to I opened a few other forums at the same time with no problems.

So whats the go? Need server tuning? Very Happy thats where I can help - but more wanted to bring it to attention of the admins

***EDIT: Actually it seems to be the forums only - the gallery seems.... doh - nope its slow as all shit as well :(

slow as shit Pi_freak
BRADDO

"May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day, and may their arms be too short to scratch." Ghastly
I agree and if it would have allowed me to scroll down this far i would have posted in here but now that it is going great guns again i have another question

Why do we have a delete post option but when we select it it wont allow the operation let me delete the posts i want to it might save some agro on the site lol
Censorship is bad.. we should get to read your posts before we decide if we want to read them or not.
mybb Wrote:Censorship is bad.. we should get to read your posts before we decide if we want to read them or not.

That sounds all skew-wif there you Forum Nazi but read away I am sure i can accommodate an insult just for you every now and then Pi_tongue
How concerned should we be? I mean we ride the fastest bikes in the world, should we not have the fastest server in the world also?

I'm no network wiz or... no... actually i know bugger all about networks. So tell me this, can we fit turbo or NOS to it or something?

Then again i dont read that fast so slow isn't all bad.

Geoff
it seems it was a mods, mod that initiated it. lets not go trying to add more mods by suggesting a turbo etc.. once we modify them, they never work right again
i havent noticed anything unusual here guys.
I would have disabled the swear filter but you can only remove the words and since I wasn't the one who enabled it I don't want to delete all the words. About 10 words at the mo.
That could be slowing things down since it would be doing a search and replace for each post.
You around Rod?
what, a f*&^ing swear filter.. your shitting us right ? there will be no posts left on the board.
Dj I had probs just loading the page it would show 3 out of the 5 photos that is why i commented on the pics as i see that is a new addition but all is good now so maybe that wasnt the fault i dunno or maybe you guys were just tinkering with the site and it was just slow for that reason who knows

Now about this swear filter what the f*** is going on are we a bunck of f*&^ing teenie boppers here or something i have never met a busa rider that was still wearing nappies and needed to be kept away from bad language i agree with the explicit pics rule cause people do view this site from work but a language rule you have to be shitting me
lol.. funny you should say that.. i was reading the forums at work when one of the chicks commented on one of your previous avatars..

the f*&^ing swear words didnt get picked up on though
mmm, seems ok now - maybe have a look at our usage graph's?

check connection to the DB is fine & server speed is all good?
check that your tcp's arent mixed with the ips and dchps and that the dns is doing its thing and the ports are open and.... i should go to bed
yeah righteo fellas....could be a million things..like I have had isp issues for the last 2 weeks on and off but I'm not bothering ringing Tpg help line because I just get a standard response from A call centre based overseas!

Usually it works itself out I find.
Remember the internet was not designed to do what it does.
I am amazed it even works...ha