why, just why?
Nice work so far. I love Datsuns myself. I have had 2 datsun/nissan 79 stanzas. Had a ball with both and very reliable. Started working a L20B for the last one, but lost enthusiasm due to purchase of my first bike!
jessie928 Wrote:
Monyx Wrote:
jessie928 Wrote:fj20, what a motor! i have one under my bench.ehehehe

I have a tarp over my long term project. Its a 68 beetle with a full chassis ready to mount a front mounted small block chev and box Very Happy

Jes

is your FJ a turbo? I'm suspect I'm need of a new oil pump for fj20 turbo. bascially it sounds just like a supercharger is under the hood, high pitche mechanically whine, pitch sync with revs - oil pressure still all good, just god aweful noise.
yes its a turbo motor. Sounds like an alternator or waterpump bearing to me though. Did you put a long screwdriver on the block and to your head to track the noise?
Jes

Noise is eminating from behind timing cover...if you didn't know better though you'd suspect camshaft bearings as real loud right above rocker cover. Had recond. alt put on, good point about water pump, Stuart Wilkins Mtrsport upon my description suspected oil pump gears making noise.