Ouch!
Thanks Marc, love to see those blue flames!

The latest issue of Fast Bikes pitches the GSXR 1000 against the Busa .. It's an inteesting comparison - The Busa comes out really well.
Several months ago I had yoshi slip ons put on with a k&n filter and a power comII.The bike sounds great,and well worth it, in performance.
How much was the Power Com II..?
Hi fox. The power com II is $643.25 from serco (07 38233833).The unit is easy to install, just a plug connection from the injector side of the ecu.The hayabusa kit comes, with the unit, a cd rom and a serial cable.The cd rom has about 10 maps,tuitorials and comes with the base program to either edit you own or install new ones.Try (www.powercommander.com) which is updated with new maps and easily downloaded.
Fenda, re your trip to Gingers Creek. It's not a pub but a small cafe (for want of a better word) in the middle of nowhere. They do sell stubbies though. It's more of a place to have a breather on the ride and a good feed. There is limited accomodation. I don't know which way your going but its a good ride all the way from Tamworth through to Wauchope. Tamworth to Bendemeer is heavily policed. Bendemeer to Walcha less so, and has some good windies fast sweepers and long straights. Walcha eastwards till the twisties is mainly straight, fast, scenic and a 110kph zone. By rights there should be a lot of cops there, but I have rarely seen them midweek. Then the road tightens right up with 65 to 35 kph corners till Gingers Creek and then 25 to 35 kph bends till the bottom of the hill. I have never seen a cop on this section. The road then opens out to fast sweepers till Long Flat. There is a pub there. The road from there to Port Macquarie still has a lot of good corners and scenery, but the traffic thickens up and the closer you get to the coast, the more cops you see. All I can advise you is to take it easy through the tight stuff untill you have ridden it at least once. All the corners are well posted and the road surface is very good all the way (at least for country roads). There will be some damp patches in the shade on the windy bits. Also be advised that it can be bloody cold up towards Walcha. You can get fuel at Walcha, Gingers Creek, Long Flat and Walcha. Enjoy!
Fenda,

I have done the road a number of times. Best accommodation is the Bendemeer Pub or one of the Walcha pubs. Reasonably priced accommodation is also available at the Mount Seaview resort about 25K past Ginger Springs.

I you are travelling from Sydney you should also include the Walcha to Glouscester road. Now all tar and with some great riding scenery and as yet I have not seen a HWP.

We usually travel via the Hunter Valley, (you could do the Old Road, then onto Wollombi, Broke, Singleton, Dungog, Gresford and into Glouscester. Fuel is available at Broke and Glousester etc. This route is way better than going up the Pacific or the New England.

If you are going to do the NEw England, once past Wallabadah, take the turn off on Fossikers Way into Nundle (great pub) and then onto Moonbi and the New England again.

OUr ususal route is Glouscester, Walcha, Ginger Springs, Walcha, Benedemeer overnight and then retrace our steps on the way home.

Have a good one!

Poh
thanks Poh and Ozbusa - I feel much better prepared now after reading your info! Now I all I need is good weather .... bye, fenda